Question about C 130 training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flash

Looking for an answer to a question that came up yesterday during another deep discussion at work

What is the training progression for new pilots going to the C 130? I believe the KC 135 was single engine Cessna to turbine single (Texan II maybe?) then Beechjet. Do the Hercules pilots do the same or is there another turbine or jet aircraft that they train on before going to the C 130? Just curious, thanks!

It depends. In the Coast Guard, the typical track is T-34, T-44 (king air) then hercs. There were a lot of Air Force pilots flying T-44s in Corpus Christi that were going to fly AF hercs.

I would say that a majority of AF guys go to Corpus (T-44..C-90 King Air) after either the Tweet or T-6 at an AF base. However there is a Herk or two in the T-1 drops.

Flash said:
Looking for an answer to a question that came up yesterday during another deep discussion at work

What is the training progression for new pilots going to the C 130? I believe the KC 135 was single engine Cessna to turbine single (Texan II maybe?) then Beechjet. Do the Hercules pilots do the same or is there another turbine or jet aircraft that they train on before going to the C 130? Just curious, thanks!
If you are in a guard or reserve unit that flies J models you will fly T6/T37 then T1s. I would assume then, that you can get J models out of T1s, once they start coming onto active duty....but I do not know if you can get J models out of Corpus?

Latest resources

Back