• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Quarterly numbers for Skywest: Not Good

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When it comes right down to it, I hope YOU tell ATC what you WILL and WILL NOT do with your route when there are thunderstorms impacting your flight path.

Fwiw, I have been doing this flying thing for a while, and I have only had to do this once or twice. ATC almost always does a great job of steering me around bad stuff.

Dispatch can file whatever route they want, then ATC will change it and give the flight what they want them to do... the pilots are the ones that need to decide whether to take the route dispatch planned, or the route ATC assigned. I have seen more times than I can remember, when ATC takes my reroute and assigns the flight back on the "canned" route and the crew doesn't even question it. Then I start sending acars asking why the route, etc and am told, ATC said to fly it. Not much I can do at that point except advise of what I see.

Dispatch can file whatever route they want, then ATC will change it and give the flight what they want them to do... the pilots are the ones that need to decide whether to take the route dispatch planned, or the route ATC assigned. I have seen more times than I can remember, when ATC takes my reroute and assigns the flight back on the "canned" route and the crew doesn't even question it. Then I start sending acars asking why the route, etc and am told, ATC said to fly it. Not much I can do at that point except advise of what I see.

And we both know this is especially true in IAH.

Why even bother quering dispatch about routing? Just fly what they file you for, safely. If ATC issues something different and it be done safely, fly it. If you want a different route for safety (or going home leg) just ask for it from ATC. Man up and be a pilot!

Nice job on dispatch last night. Great route you sent that CRJ through from IAH-DEN. Glad they only got severe turb followed by cont MDT. Hope nobody was hurt. Last we heard on the radio they were checking. Can't believe the pilots even wanted that route when everyone else was either waiting for the weather to pass.

Can't cancel flights for weather or they will lose money so just send them through and hope for the best !!

NICE

Xpoo was too busy on FI to look at the weather or turbulence charts. He needed to keep telling people how great his company is, and how it will survive high gas and the one thing long term contracts can't predict, all of their pilots leaving for better jobs at the legacies and LCCs. Well, except for PBR and Freetard. Some people are just unhireable elsewhere, maybe Xpoo too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Xpoo was too busy on FI to look at the weather or turbulence charts. He needed to keep telling people how great his company is, and how it will survive high gas and the one thing long term contracts can't predict, all of their pilots leaving for better jobs at the legacies and LCCs. Well, except for PBR and Freetard. Some people are just unhireable elsewhere, maybe Xpoo too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Lookie here, interjecting your childish banter. Good job hypocrite! Faaaaaaannnntasssstic!

Lookie here, interjecting your childish banter. Good job hypocrite! Faaaaaaannnntasssstic!

Albeit G rated, unlike your nasty slams. So, the mix is 95% substance and 5% G rated slams. Beats your 100% nasty slams with zero substance or anything aviation related. Thanks for checking! Bye now.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nevets, GL, Freeboy and Fate

You four destroyed this board! Now Nevets is spewing his crap on APC also. Go away.

Why did YOU create avseparate thread with this, and now you're whining about the same thing on every thread? Maybe you need to go away, get some help.

You four destroyed this board! Now Nevets is spewing his crap on APC also. Go away.

Go run to the teacher! Why don't you participate and if you disagree with something, give your own opinion? Can't do that? Oh-Kay....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back