Qatar???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

macdu

Any current Qatar pilots here that can tell me what life is like there as an expat pilot?

I would also be interested in what you know about being able to coordinate regular time off to commute back to the states.
Also, do they pay medical for family not living in Qatar?
Do they pay any towards schooling outside of Qatar?
Retirement?
I am also hoping that they offer direct entry CA(I don't want to ruffle any feathers of F/O's)but if you are hired as an F/O how is upgrade handled? Is there a seniority list?
If you would rather PM me do so. I would like to find out all I can. Thanks

Stay far away from qatar. you might want to try EK. You can't commute with Qatar not even to Dubai which is only 40 min flight. On your OFF days you have to call Flight ops and ask them if you can leave the country, if they say no your stuck. beside they will fly your ass off so no time to commute. If your looking to commute and want to be based in U.S. try CX. Good luck..

Is Qatar hiring? Also what are their mins, the site is a little confusing. Do you need a type to get hired?

Qatar is a beautiful country and a rising star of wealth in an already wealthy area. That said, QR does not have a good reputation for pilots. The CEO acts like a dictator.

I agree that www.pprune.org might answer some of your questions (look at the Middle East section). Understand that the website is full of negativity but some of that is based on fact. If you had a choice, I would look at Emirates and Etihad (in that order) first. I hear Emirates may be starting a low-cost carrier using A320s or B737s - that may be your way in if you are interested. I hear Etihad is hiring directly onto its A320 fleet as well. I would avoid Qatari.

Hi!

Etihad just ordered 100 new aircraft.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back