• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qatar Airways Pilot Recruitment Nework!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also have heard from many people that Qatar is a pretty terrible place to work, and that Emirates is a much better environment. However, if you are unemployed and need a place to go.... the state of Qatar has VERY deep pockets indeed.

Good luck to those who need a job.

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/390506-ek-resignations.html

And then again there is a lot of chat in PPRUNE about EK F/O's leaving for Qatar and other places so go figure how that works

I applied to Qatar about 1 month ago online and so far nothing. Got 5000tt 2500 jet SIC with over 500 in the 777 which I am also current on. I got a job but it's with a pathetic airline so looking to go elsewhere....

Varig,

They are over loaded with all the application NTR and TR. You should definatley hear something soon since you are typed on 777. If you don't hear anything PM and will be happy to check your applicaiton status for you.

Bull

Hi!

Yes, EK is not accepting apps from guys without any "heavy" time, it looks like. The cutoff is 122,000 lbs (converted to kgs). I have SOME time over the cutoff, and my app was NOT rejected.

cliff
NBO

I am glad you mentioned this new requirment. If someone is flying already in states and is stable with a job and making OK money then that person is not going to join EK in his right mind. Unless ofcourse if that person is furloughed then it makes sense to apply with EK, even then not all the Pilots in USA are intersted in working in the desert. However QR attracts all the pilots in USA from CRJ/ERJ drivers to narrow body LCC and Furlough legacy Pilots. Here in the Gulf most airlines will only hire you with type rating or somewhat narrow body expirence. In todays economy QR is the only Airline in the market who is recruiting Pilots form CRJ/ERJ to Heavys. Heck they have hired CRJ captains in the past from Comair, Skywest, 9E, Mesa as DEC NTR captains on the A330. My advise is don't listen to pprun rubbish and decide what is best for you. Anyone who has 2000 TT and 500 Jet EFIS is eligible to apply. GOOD LUCK.

Bull

Guys,

Just got the invite for an interview in December. Is anybody else going???
It took a little over one month to get the email.

VF

QR is the only Airline in the market who is recruiting Pilots form CRJ/ERJ to Heavys.

Here at ANA they are also hiring RJ drivers into the right seat of the 76, Skymark, Asiana, Viva Macao, all those places and a couple of airlines in China are also hiring RJ drivers so there are other options besides the desert

Hi!

Vaguely have heard of Skymark: checked the website and no mention of jobs...don't recall seeing contracter spots for Skymark.

Went to Asiana website and no mention of jobs.

Viva Macau had a "Careers" link, but no pilot jobs...not surprised as know 2 guys still furloughed from VM, and pretty sure have a number of guys on furlough.

Any help for how to apply to Skymark, Asiana???

Thanx!
cliff
NBO
PS-NOT an RJ guy...if I were I would not be in NBO.

Latest resources

Back