• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qatar Airways Pilot Recruitment Nework!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just an update for everyone. I sent my application via snail mail (USPS) on Sept 6. Got an email on Sept 28 inviting me for an interview in Doha in a few weeks. I am typed on the A320.

My basic stats are:
A320 Type Rating
6000 tt
1900 PIC on BE-1900
2400 Jet SIC: 1500 on A320, 900 on CRJ

Looking forward to the interview. What to study?

Just an update for everyone. I sent my application via snail mail (USPS) on Sept 6. Got an email on Sept 28 inviting me for an interview in Doha in a few weeks. I am typed on the A320.

My basic stats are:
A320 Type Rating
6000 tt
1900 PIC on BE-1900
2400 Jet SIC: 1500 on A320, 900 on CRJ

Looking forward to the interview. What to study?

Nedude,

Ace Tec Pilot Interview book was very helpfull for me. You can also search pprune.com in the middleeast section for Qatar Airways for the latest interview test questions, Sim Profile etc. It has some good information there on interview questions. Wish you all the best Pal.

Bull

Nedude,

Ace Tec Pilot Interview book was very helpfull for me. You can also search pprune.com in the middleeast section for Qatar Airways for the latest interview test questions, Sim Profile etc. It has some good information there on interview questions. Wish you all the best Pal.

Bull

Thanks for the info, I will pick the book up.

Hi!

I recently emailed the stuff in, and no problems.

Emirates JUST started accepting apps (14th Sep?), and someone posted will start interviewing in Oct. Need pilots, FAs and dispatchers, I gather.

Oh, and from reading the posts, it sounds worse over there than Qatar, but a few EK guys (and a bunch of Qatar guys) say that EK is better.

cliff
NBO

I also have heard from many people that Qatar is a pretty terrible place to work, and that Emirates is a much better environment. However, if you are unemployed and need a place to go.... the state of Qatar has VERY deep pockets indeed.

Good luck to those who need a job.

I know a few guys over at Qatar and they all enjoy it. So who really knows.

Beats collecting unemployment.

I know a few guys over at Qatar and they all enjoy it. So who really knows.

Beats collecting unemployment.

Nedude,

Thats the attitude my friend. Thats what I tell my friends aswell. It is really not a bad gig if you don't have a job or flying for a pathatic Airline. Pprune has the same old people complaining when I joined QR two years ago. I don't pay attention to the rumours, they pay me ontime, I enjoy flying the youngest fleet, Great destinatons, I do my job and follow the rules and keep my nose clean. At the end it all depends what you make out of your job. I have friends who joined EK from my former Airlines who are now looking at Qatar. Dubai has a lot of glamour and it will definatley keep you busy during your time off. At the end of the day how much have you really saved is the big question. According to my friends they say Dubai makes sure that you spend all what you earn. I came to the desert for two BIG reasons as short term Goal. Save as much I can TAX free salary, and fly the Heavy internationaly. I belive EK terminated all CRJ drivers from the Pool. They only took Pilots with Airbus and Boeing expirence. QR is still recruiting both NTR and TR Pilots. Good luck to those who are interviewing.

Bull

Hi!

Yes, EK is not accepting apps from guys without any "heavy" time, it looks like. The cutoff is 122,000 lbs (converted to kgs). I have SOME time over the cutoff, and my app was NOT rejected.

cliff
NBO

I applied to Qatar about 1 month ago online and so far nothing. Got 5000tt 2500 jet SIC with over 500 in the 777 which I am also current on. I got a job but it's with a pathetic airline so looking to go elsewhere....

Latest resources

Back