puzzling announcement on usairways flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tired_pilot

I took a us airways (west) flight from san to clt last week. The FA made the usual speel, then added "we like to add a special welcome to former america west flight fund members" I didnt think anything of it since it was techinically still an HP flight.

Yesterday Im on a usairways express (psa flight) clt-chs and the FA made the SAME annoucement. Has anyone else heard this?

Just got me thinking, as crazy as the industry is they could sell one of the airlines and merge the other half with another airline. Bring back HP's name? I doubt it, it was just puzzling to hear them mention America west twice in one week.

I took a us airways (west) flight from san to clt last week. The FA made the usual speel, then added "we like to add a special welcome to former america west flight fund members" I didnt think anything of it since it was techinically still an HP flight.

Yesterday Im on a usairways express (psa flight) clt-chs and the FA made the SAME annoucement. Has anyone else heard this?

Just got me thinking, as crazy as the industry is they could sell one of the airlines and merge the other half with another airline. Bring back HP's name? I doubt it, it was just puzzling to hear them mention America west twice in one week.

Wow you should have been a spy........Oh wait are you that guy who believed Saddam's claim of having ICBMs.

Funny USAIR comment

In PHL the other day a USAIR flight was holding on the ramp and backing up inbound traffic.

Someone asked ramp, "are they holding out for a gate?" and the reply was, "No I think they are holding out for Date of Hire." Priceless.

Latest resources

Back