Purdy Neat Stealth v. Next Generation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyrider

Can someone either tell me what the differences are between these two models, or maybe refer me to another website other than luggage works. The lw website doesn't define the differences very well.

Tks in advance

I think the stelth is the metal frame , the newer ones are ABS plastic. (I THINK)

The stealth (which I own) has some design deficiencies that I think were corrected in the newer bags. I can elaborate if need be, but I'd go with the new one. BTW, I think I remember someone saying that the only reason that they still make the stealth is that some pilots still want that design.

the stealth NG has a stainless handle and is 1 inch wider. I bought the regular stealth and I am happy with it a year later.

The stealth NG is metal framed and offers many new upgrades over my 11 year old original PNS bag, the best is how the zipper has been redesigned for the main compartment, much much nicer now. The zipper is now along the inside edge the frame vs. the outer edge of the older bags.
Great bags, I tried a "flight Attendant bag"(T.P.) in between my PNS's, what a piece of junk, it lasted a year.

The difference between the stealth and the NG is one inch in width. I just bought the NG and it is by far the best bag I've ever owned. Quality constuction, GREAT handle, smooth, smooth wheels....the only drawback(if you want to call it one) it's a little heavy....but hey, you know this bag will last.

The reason they still make the stealth is that it will fit under the seat in the 737's cockpit.

BTW, if you order one, get the handle wrap(it's five bucks) so the foam handle won't wear out. worth it.

hope this helps,

the turtle

the stealth has the redesigned zipper. the only difference is one inch in width and polished handle. Stout as hell bag, I weigh 200 and I stand on it to check the oil on the 1900.

i would spend the 285.00 again in a second. I had mine a year and it still looks new.

Expensive BUT....

I've had mine for almost three years. Last year I sent it in cause the boys at DL tore the zipper off and the foam handle had was torn. To my suprise they called and said it was still under warranty and they fixed it with out costing me a penny. Great customer service!

Latest resources

Back