Public Service Announcement: FUTURE SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

777forever

This one goes out the overly excited regional Captains who think mainline pilots will cave on scope even more

Just a friendly reminder that the ONLY reason there are CR7/9s and E170/75s flying around at the regional level is that they were forced in BANKRUPTCY. There is no chance, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, that mainline will cave anymore.

Good day

This one goes out the overly excited regional Captains who think mainline pilots will cave on scope even more

Just a friendly reminder that the ONLY reason there are CR7/9s and E170/75s flying around at the regional level is that they were forced in BANKRUPTCY. There is no chance, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, that mainline will cave anymore.

Good day

As long as that big juicy booty doesn't get scoped out, I'm happy:D

I'll believe that statement when I actually see it happen. Until then, it's all speculation. The senior guys have always screwed the junior guys. It's been proven over and over and over again. We'll see.

Good day

I don't know anyone who wants more planes. Over excited regional CA's? Are there any? Everyone wants to move on. Waste of a thread unless there are actually losers out there that think this way.

Actually, thats not the case, Delta gave up 70 seat scope willingly during negotiation for C2K. They also gave up 76 seat scope in the hope of saving their pension. Neither time was it ram rodded down their throat (even though some over there want you to believe it). There may have been a little more pressure on for 76 seats, but the 700's were given up easily.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone who wants more planes. Over excited regional CA's? Are there any? Everyone wants to move on. Waste of a thread unless there are actually losers out there that think this way.

Just in case the last 10 years weren't a good enough of an example, never count your chickens before they hatch. While most want to move on, not all do. Personally, I'm not leaving for just any carrier, it'll have to be lucrative, both for pay and quality of life. In the mean time, I'm still employed at ASa, so I want ASa to grow! If that means taking planes from mainline, so be it! I'm not falling on my sword for anyone! Should I make it to another carrier, then I'll be fighting to keep scope. You can stand up for the mainline guys if you want to, but will they stand with you? If you need a clue, look to the CAL/UA negotiations, they'd take your plane and dump you on the street faster than you can sneeze, so be careful who your'e standing with.

really?? see people, this is why we make 2 by 4's and baseball bats.

So, if guys are happy wherevthey are, and happy doing what they are doing.....they should be hit with a bat!?!?! YGBFSM! You are a real piece of work!

People are happy with different things. Some people don't want to move or commute for another job. Especially if that job involves a pay cut! (even if only for a while). Some people don't want to be junior or on reserve again. Some people don't care to fly heavy's to international destinations. Who are you people to decide!? I have a friend that flies a King Air for his career, and is completely happy to do that.

The Regionals are not perfect by any stretch, but some people enjoy it and have built up good situations there. Why does everyone have to want to move on just because you say so?

Good day

If this is so certain, why are they wasting so much energy talking down to us wanna be pilots. Just do it, or STFU.

I tend to think that they are still trying to convince themselves that it will happen and it boosts their ego thumping their chest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back