Psa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NYRANGERS said:
Not much different than the response from a W/O pilot to a mainline pilot who voices............desire to have all (insert mainline company) flying accomplished by (insert mainline company) pilots.

Its not much different, and it is funny to see PSA pilots talk a big story. I know I was one. Limpest MEC (except Z) in the biz, followed by no outrage from the pilot group.

Ranger,

Your right about how some of the Mainline pilots would respond. Thats why they need to understand that they are in fact a WO'd as well. Once they figure that out then we might actually be able to accomplish something and get all the flying back within group.

I don't think its funny at all to want to see all Group pilots back at work. Your right though that we do have most probably one of the weakest MEC's in the industry. You would never catch me defending any of them, except for Z of course, and he does'nt need defending. But even with the weakest MEC that does'nt mean that this pilot group is weak and can't speak out for what is right, it just means that we are without true leadership.

And don't say that there's no outrage here, I think you know better than that, especially after this past week. But what you have us do? Leave like you did? Or an illegal work action? If you have any suggestions I would love to here them. Seriously, cause filling out PRF's all month ain't gonna do it.

actually..............

"the bid spots for lga are filled already, so unless they change the crew requirements there i don't believe there'll be any openings till who knows when"

the spots in LGA will increase as ABE closes, how many noone knows for sure, the letter said 15 to 50 spots on each side. I suspect that once ABE closes some other flyin from SYR will go to LGA also. Just my guess but maybe 40 a side in SYR with 40-45 a side in LGA.

Next on the block will be SCE (if they don't renew the lease in BGM that as well) opening a PIT base and moving BGM/SCE flyin there.

After that PHL while downsizing MDT and SYR even more. This will leave us with small bases in syr/mdt and large bases at LGA/PIT and PHL. Just my guess may not be exact will mosy likley look something like that maybe BOS or DCA somewhere in there inplace of something.

The bid results for May are on the co web site - there were 4 or 5 downgrades but one spot for FO remains open in BGM.

Desiday check your PM's

NYRANGERS said:
Again, no different than a mainline U pilot saying the same to you guys. Then when the UsAir Group pilots try to get jobs with you guys, you bitch about it.

Now you know how the mainline pilots feel.

Nobody bitched when you came back right? Infact I'll bet that most people were pretty happy to see you. And if there was a flowthrough at the time I'm sure you would have been welcomed back to the left seat.

Just because times are bad that does'nt give Mainline( a subsidiary of US Airways Group) the right to super senority at PSA(another subsidiary of US Airways Group). Thats where the bitching comes in. And to make it worse the Mainline MEC (talk about weak) is more than eager to make this agreement with non-owned companies, there-by increasing the outsourcing of US Airways Group Flying.

This situation could have and should have been handled in a much better manner. But thats over now.

chperplt said:
Actually, we do have quite a few of our airplanes painted in our own company colors. I'm sure you've seen them around. They look a bit like Evil Kanevil's (sp?) outfit.

We also OWN, that's right.. OWN many of the routes we fly. We feed US Airways with customers they wouldn't otherwise have on many of those routes. We advertise on our own for those routes as well. One of our owners was visiting travel agents last week pushing our services. Do you call that sucking off of the US Airways Express n!pple?

You call me a scumbag, but you're the hypocrite here. Just as NYRANGERS pointed out.. If we follow your logic, then you are flying routes that belong to US Airways, aren't you?

You're not on the same seniority list as the US Airways pilots are you? Same union?? Same management?? If the answer is no, then you're just another company who flies under the US Airways banner.

Cherplt,

I stand corrected. Hopefully someday you're company can stand completely on its own with no affiliation to US Airways Express.

I called you a scumbag cause you called me an idiot for expressing an opinion. I think fair is fair, but hopefully you don't always insult those with opinions that differ from yours.

I'll leave the last paragraph alone since it seems someone else already answered it.

Re: Re: Re: Psa

skeezer said:
APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!! RJs, ya right. How can you justify reducing the schedule then adding more aircraft. Doesn't make much sense but hey, I'm just a pilot. What would I know?

chperplt, as a W/O PSA pilot I want you to know that not all of us hate/dislike contract carrier pilots. In fact I have some very good friends that work at US Airways contract carriers.

I guess some people just go nuts after being stuck in a metal tube for 85 hours a month and begin to think the world revolves around them. Please don't think people like that are the majority.

One point I just want to add. You said, "You're not on the same seniority list as the US Airways pilots are you?" In a way we kinda are. With the signing of the J4J crap we are gauranteed a flow up to US Airways when that time comes (45 years from now). So in a way we have one when things pick up (never).

Peace out!

Skeezer

Skeezer,

1)The schedule change and jet orders have nothing to do with eachother.

2)Don't associate my dislike for the contract carriers with the pilots. I NEVER said anything about the pilots. And nor did I say anything about the world revolving around me. How in the world did you get any of that from what I wrote?

3)Its nice that you have friends at the contract carriers but for the US Airways Group Pilots sake I hope that you would support the end of outsourcing.

4)I would venture to say that I have "never" heard anyone in this company say that they don't mind US Airways Express flying being sub-contracted out. Infact everyday its just the opposite. So do you really think that I'm the minority?

BoredToDeath

I thought your statement was idiotic, but I did not mean to call you an idiot.

My apologies to you.

Chperplt

chperplt said:
BoredToDeath

I thought your statement was idiotic, but I did not mean to call you an idiot.

My apologies to you.

Chperplt

Chperplt,

Thank you. I apologize to you as well if I've offended you. This topic just gets me going.

On a side note. Its been driving me nuts all day cause I can't figure out what your name stands for. Is it short for "Chopper Pilot"?

Anybody know how to get a mainline pilot off your front porch?

Answer: Pay him for the pizza

328dude said:
Anybody know how to get a mainline pilot off your front porch?
Just ask NY RANGER,
NYRANGERS said:
Now you know how the mainline pilots feel.

He'll know, he was one for at least a month or two. Should'nt you be over on the MAJOR's SITE
continuing your 'Holy War' with Air Tran pilot's .

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back