Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Dreamer

Living The Dream??
any new news on PSA due to the fact usair is on its way out of chapter 11? will this have any positive affects on other regionals flying usair routes?

Jet_Dreamer said:
any new news on PSA due to the fact usair is on its way out of chapter 11? will this have any positive affects on other regionals flying usair routes?

US Airways, US Airways Shuttle, and US Airways Express (ALG, PDT, and PSA) have all emerged from bankruptcy.

An announcment for 100 firm orders of a mixed fleet of RJs for US Airways Group should come in the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully the only "positive" affect on "other" regionals that we could hope to see is in the future is the slow termination of their use.

Hopefully the only "positive" affect on "other" regionals that we could hope to see is in the future is the slow termination of their use

Why do you think you are any different than any other contract carrier? In reality, that's all you are. You are part of the US Airways group... Not US Airways.

chperplt said:
Why do you think you are any different than any other contract carrier? In reality, that's all you are. You are part of the US Airways group... Not US Airways.

You pretty much answered your own question. But I'll break it down for you anyway.

US Airways Group "owns" US Airways, US Airways Shuttle, and US Airways Express. US Airways Express "IS" ALG, PDT, PSA and the not running MidAtlantic. NOT the contract carriers. The flying that is being "sub-contracted" out to you is NOT YOURS. It is our brand name and one day soon we will get it back. Either it goes to US Airways, US Airways Shuttle, or US Airways Express, but it will come back in house.

We are different because it is "OUR" company, not yours.

yet another quality (and classy) post by a wholly owned...

you are loved.

ps. looking forward to you guys getting jets so you can show the rest of us "how it's done..."

hey all. i was just trying to get some info on the us air thing. i was not looking to start ANOTHER argument thread. i was just interested if this would stimulate regional airline growth.

Maybe you and your fellow aces can teach the W.O.'s proper landing techniques in Roanoke........if there is enough time can we review proper preflight inspections of a busted airplane so we can fly it revenue back to CLT the next morning?

"Go around was not an option!" (It's only on the approach plate for decoration I guess)

the turtle said:
yet another quality (and classy) post by a wholly owned...

you are loved.

ps. looking forward to you guys getting jets so you can show the rest of us "how it's done..."

Its funny how everytime a WO'd pilot voices their desire to have all US Airways Group flying accomplished by US Airways Group Pilots some contract carrier pilot will respond like this.

I wonder why that is. Oh, I know, its because they know their feeding off us like leaches.

Jet_Dreamer,

Growth at other regionals most like will occur for the next few years. The airlines that contract out their services to US Airways Express will see "some" more aircraft. A finding of fact from the BK judge has shown that the WO's will recieve up to 300 RJs. With the merging of specific WO functions presently in progress, I belive you will see one WO in the future to be spun off as an IPO and very little contracting. For an example of what US Airways will look like you can look at the present day Continetal and CoEx.

But as with everything else, its still just a wait and see game.

chperplt said:
Spoken like a true idiot.

Ok cherplt,

Prove me wrong. Paint your planes in your own company colors, do your own advertising and sales with no more sucking off the US Airways Express n!pple and lets see how business gets. Scumbag.

Latest resources

Back