• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA to take Envoys 47 CRJ-700's.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where is ALPA? Isn't this exactly what a union is paid to protect?

They are having fun on our dime at a country club somewhere eating steak dinners. ALPA fail again, shocker.

Lee Moak started running his mouth about how APA should get it's house in order to prevent this. I found this particularly amusing given his employment with DAL and the whole Endeavor fiasco.

I had a conversation with a PSA captain that had interviewed and was hired. However, due to PSA's lack of ability to hire, he was "stop lossed", and wasn't allowed to leave PSA. He will have to re-interview when the time comes and they decide he can move on.

I think PSA is banking that most of the Envoy pilots will follow the airframes. I'm hoping the APA is looking hard at this and working to put a stop to it. USAPA hasn't had much interest in stopping a regional whip saw. Frankly, most of the pilots I fly with at USAirways don't even know who the various feeders are, or the regional situation.

That's a bummer. All the more reason to get in get your time and move on as soon as possible.

Indeed. I knew to get my time and move on on day one at my first regional. Took seven years and two regionals for that to happen, but I certainly wasn't planning on getting comfortable.

ALPA is an association of unions. Figure it out. Airline Pilots Association, not Union. Each airline has a separate union that is associated. Hence ALPA doesn't directly care about any one group over another.

Indeed. I knew to get my time and move on on day one at my first regional. Took seven years and two regionals for that to happen, but I certainly wasn't planning on getting comfortable.

Ike,

You made a good move to a growing LCC that pays well and has good work rules. Many Regional lifers on here can't see that starting over at an expanding LCC or a Legacy with huge retirements will eventually lead to better pay and resumption of the same QOL they had as senior RJ pilots. The regionals are sinking fast and the lowest bidder is winning. Envoy is a great example. They didn't play the NEW game, and they lost.

All RJ lifers should be looking at any Legacy or LCC, or they can ride the train off the tracks. It ain't getting better.

Bye Bye---General Lee

AA is obligated to hire a minimum of 48 pilots a year and are on track to do so for 2014. PSA mgt has the option to hold a pilot hire on property till the end of the calender year for staffing of the new fleet. Earlier this year pilot hires were being held. Not because of staffing for the new fleet but because PSA mgt figured it could save some $$$ and not hire for the projected 117 needs this spring until spring. AA mgt didnt see it that way and has made changes to PSA mgt personel. Currently PSA is filling the required slots to fill the 900 arrivals. No hold has been placed on pilot hires at AA since thei summer.

So if they're obligated to send 48 a year, how many have they sent so far in 2014?....the year is 2/3 over....have they sent 32?

As a frame of reference Envoy has sent around 180 to AA since January 1.

I don't know the actual numbers but something like that. Yes envoy has sent more, they are bigger and the agreements are different. When the agreement was reached 48 per year was 10% of the senority list.

Latest resources

Back