• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA T/A Reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont know anything specific, just thinking out loud really. If you now had 3 wholly owned regionals and you were about to merge 2 large companies would you not also possibly either merge those 3 regionals together or spin them off completely to finance something else? I know AMR has wanted to spin eagle off or otherwise get rid of them as a wholly owned for a long time. To spin a company off or sell it you basically would have to have current contracts with your work groups to, as was already stated, know what the costs going forward would be for any investors or possible purchasers.

All I know was that if I was management and I wanted to do something with any of my wholly owned's, now(or shortly) would be the time.

Either way, this is good news and provides for some significant improvement for the pilot groups. I'd rather go into a merger with a better CBA than the crap they had before.

I think it's a lot easier for Doug P. to put together a deal when all open items get closed.
I believe it would be difficult to get government approval when pilot groups have been in negotiations for 4 years.
Airways-open
Piedmont-open
PSA-open
Granted airways pilots can't close because of their own issues. But there is no reason to have the wholly ownes not close.
Doug P wants it done. What's he gonna pay is the question?

Latest resources

Back