• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA signs on for Jets for Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
328 dude, I'm ALG and I appreciate your views tremendously. The best thing to do now is to organize a recall of your MEC. The LEC guys need to do this. It can be done. It's not too late, barring any new info unknown to me LOA 81 is still not signed nor will be signed by national ALPA. it violates their bylaws!! We can still unite and try and save our jobs.

Surplus,

I'm a huge fan of your posts but when I first read the post Fr8mstr and 328dude were objecting to I also thought it was a little harsh. I understand and agree with your point of view but I can see how it might have been construed as being too critical of line pilots that had no idea about what was going on behind their backs. It's kinda like blaming the husband for not paying attention to whats going on behind his back when his wife is caught cheating on him. The PSA pilots seem to be rightously indignant now that they now what their MEC did to them.

Regards,

Caveman

328Dude

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to take you up on that brew.

I'm glad to learn that we are on the same side of this issue. I have a suggestion.

If most of your pilot groups is against what your MEC did, then get yourselves together immediately and get on the horn to Duane Woreth and demand that he refuse to sign that TA.

Write a letter to him saying the same thing and get every pilot that is opposed to what happened to sign it. Better if you get one letter from each pilot, but if that's too hard, then one letter signed by all pilots. Include each pilots ALPA # next to the signature.

Demand and LEC meeting. Do it in writing. Get a copy of the Constitution and it will tell you how. Since the MEC did this, your reps probably do not support you, but if there are enough of you can still force a meeting. At that meeting, start a recall motion of the reps.

If you can get enough reps (check the Constitution on MEC meetings) to back you, force the MEC to meet and reconsider its action. Its not a contract until Woerth signs it.

This is politics and its tough politics, but when an MEC is going against the wishes of the pilots you have to take action to regain control of your union. The sooner you do it the better.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you guys and the ALG and PDT guys stand together like a rock an defeat this thing. Put the pressure on ALPA.

IMO, LOA-81 does violate the ALPA C&BL. If you agree, let Woerth know that in no uncertain terms. Hold his feet to the fire. ALPA is obligated to represent your interests and LOA81 doesn't do that.

Everything I said depends on one thing. A MAJORITY OF THE PILOTS! If you do NOT have the support of the majority, forget it.

Respectfully,
Surplus1
CMR

Latest resources

Back