• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Rumor Or Fact?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not much in the form of start of capital. They (PSA) already operate 200/700's. All they need to do is get the leases. I think what your gonna see is that many mainlines are gonna cut the profits of Contract carriers that it will almost be easier to operate and own there own regionals. It has already been suggested that US Airways eventually will want one large regional to all its feed.
I could almost see Piedmont/PSA and maybe Airwhiskey getting combined to do all the feed for Airways.

Yeh that makes alot of sense. Lets combine everyone into one big happy family........come back to earth.

Yeh that makes alot of sense. Lets combine everyone into one big happy family........come back to earth.

Kirby was qouted as saying it. US Airways wants one big regional handling its flying. Seems to work good for American airlines with Eagle.

As for one Happy Family.. True, anything that US Airways touches seem to turn to mush!

The pay-rates are so PSA can put in a bid for the 2012 38 large regional jet RFP.

2% over the current CRJ 700 rate (not blended) for CAs.
4% over the current CRJ 700 rate (not blended) for FOs.

The CA rate is industry leading (in most years) for CAs when compared to current CRJ 900 operators. The FO rate is above industry average when compared to current CRJ 900 operators.

This is an LOA to the our current CBA. We are in section 6 negotiations and therefore the pay rates are amendable the day they become effective. (Pending pilot group ratification).

This is no way guarantees airplanes.

For those who don't want to see PSA get 900 (or any other airplane) Don't anyone worry, nothing good happens at PSA.

The pay-rates are so PSA can put in a bid for the 2012 38 large regional jet RFP.

2% over the current CRJ 700 rate (not blended) for CAs.
4% over the current CRJ 700 rate (not blended) for FOs.

I believe the rate was correct as above but if just 1 900 gets to PSA we would all get the blended rate. I don't think our company has the knowledge/ability to keep track of who fly's what, and pay them correctly.

The pay-rates are so
I believe the rate was correct as above but if just 1 900 gets to PSA we would all get the blended rate. I don't think our company has the knowledge/ability to keep track of who fly's what, and pay them correctly.
Correct. The raises are based on straight 700 rate, that is what I was told in the road show. It will be used for a blended rate.

It is a moot point. The cost does not have much to do with pilot pay, it is more about the lease payments....and good luck getting a better rate than MESA after BK.

I hope that PSA get's the CRJ-900s so that there may be better service. Mesa service is pretty bad. Actually, it's hard to have good service when there's no crew to man the airplane.
As all your Captains know so well! Single pilot 121, while you look out the window and drool while looking at all the shiny lights.
PBR

I hope that PSA get's the CRJ-900s so that there may be better service. Mesa service is pretty bad. Actually, it's hard to have good service when there's no crew to man the airplane.

More than total BS. Mesa's Airways service, TCF, CCF, A-14, D-0 is and has been the best in the ssystem. Also, there have been zero crew issues.

But it doesn't matter if all you want to do is make up your facts.

I accept that you are entitled to your own opinons, I would argue that you are not entitled to your own facts.

More than total BS. Mesa's Airways service, TCF, CCF, A-14, D-0 is and has been the best in the ssystem. Also, there have been zero crew issues.

But it doesn't matter if all you want to do is make up your facts.

I accept that you are entitled to your own opinons, I would argue that you are not entitled to your own facts.

It is pretty simple when you call your own off and in times... :) Amazing how you call for a push at 1130z but you tell them you were out at 1115z... :)

Latest resources

Back