PSA new minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

look4traffic

I don't know if someone else posted this on here but on PSA's website it says the mins are now down to comm multi. Any word from any PSA pilots if they are actually going to hiring with that low of time?

not sure I would have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. Wow. Hate to have to be a captain there, but this is a good sign for anyone who burns kerosene for a living.

No joke...

Here it is...

PSA Airlines, Inc. is actively recruiting Pilots to fill positions in all crew bases.

PSA operates 35 CRJ-200 and 14 CRJ-700 aircraft. Current Pilot domiciles include Charlotte, NC; Dayton, OH; and Knoxville, TN. PSA Pilots receive eight weeks of training: four weeks of Ground Training is taught at the Training Center in Dayton, OH; two weeks of simulator training is currently conducted in Charlotte, NC and two weeks of Initial Operating Experience. In addition to paying our trainees their 72-hour monthly guarantee and per diem while in training, PSA provides hotel accommodations.

PSA Airlines, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental, 401(k) and flight benefits on all US Airways flights.

To be considered, candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Commercial, Instrument and Multi-engine rating
First Class Medical
FCC License
Valid Passport

Well, first of all ATP eligibility. so there's 2 years right there if you're at their hiring mins. Plus the never ending saga of the fabled PSA upgrade.

It's called PSA can't get any pilots to work here anymore, Mgt still believes in beating up the pilot group in an effort to get them to play ball. Morale is at an all time low, pilots are jumping ship and Mgt is getting desperate for pilots. This summer PSA will probably start to implode, and none of the pilots really care, because they are tired. I would think long and hard before coming to PSA, it's not the company it used to be. Good luck!

It's called PSA can't get any pilots to work here anymore.....I would think long and hard before coming to PSA, it's not the company it used to be. Good luck!

Replace every occurrence of "PSA" with "PDT" and you have another wholly-owned nightmare, only worse. Who wants to fly a cruddy turboprop when you can fly a faintzy jayutt plane!

I was pretty happy there for about the first 4.5 years. After that I was miserable. The management goes out of their way to make your life miserable. You will be treated as a liability rather than an asset to the company. The hotels are absoutely horrible. The schedules bite. How many other companies have a hot reserve where you have to sit at the airport for 10 hours and dont make any money for it other than perdiem??? There are plenty of other regionals out there that are much better....

Latest resources

Back