Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: I'm curious as well...

flyup said:
I'm in the pool too... It sounds to me that if the RJ deal that everyone is talking about doesn't come through then "the swimteam" can forget it. Is there any speculation on when the RJ deal might be decided upon? I'm really looking forward to the dornier... I hope the war cools down soon and things turn around.

During the Q&A session after the testing, Capt. Welsh (C.P. for those unfamiliar) told us that they were hiring for attrition, I hope that is the case.

Spock- No I didn't have a walk in, most of my flying is 135 and I have over 1,000s ME time. They seemed to be more interested in my SIC work as opposed to my PIC work; I do have more time in the right seat so maybe thats why.

B

Actually, there are no furloughs at PSA. There was supposed to be the four in ground school now, but they are finished and online. They were told to not cancel the interviews which everyone thought they would after the reduction of flying. We still have quite a bit of downgrades left to come back up to the left seat.
PSA in bankrupcy renegotiated leases of 6 airplanes to keep them longer. They are still going away, but it's been pushed back a little bit further then originally thought.

Jets????? I love cheese.

There is still supposed to be a new hire class in June. That hasen't changed as of today.

Checks said:
Anybody know what 1st yr FO, 2nd yr FO, and 5yr CPT(RJ) pay will be?

The following rates for the coming RJs are from a "concessionary" contract that will be in effect untill 10/01/08. They suck and were not voted on by the pilot group. Meaning they were agreed to by the MEC without membership ratification. But with a few things that we were able to keep, you still won't starve.

I'll base the info as if you get hired in OCT of this year.

45-50 Seat Jet Aircraft

Hire Date 10/01/03

0-1year FO $20.60/hr from 10/01/03 - 9/30/04

1-2year FO $26.52/hr from 10/01/04 - 9/30/05

2-3year FO $29.49/hr from 10/01/05 - 9/30/06

Now assuming you upgrade in your 3-4year and on your date of hire to make it easy.

3-4year CA $63.96 from 10/01/06 - 9/30/07

4-5year CA $67.86 from 10/01/07 - 9/30/08

5-6year CA $71.95 from 10/01/08 - 9/30/09

Per Diem would have been $1.50 this year with a 0.05 cent increase every year, but with concessions we were kept at $1.30/hr until 2006. I belive 2006 is the year it will go back to normal.

And just for the record, myself and a few others were screaming to recall the MEC just after he scr@wed us like this. But that train never picked up enough steam. Hopefully I can get more fuel for the fire.

at first glance your jet FO rates appear to be less than Mesa...and I thought they were the lowest!

Not sure about the capt. rates though.

I hear you about the MEC's.

Just curious, who do you think will get the jets first?

Yeah, the jet FO rates suck...But at least you wont have 8 days off on reserve...Our work rules are a little bit better so even with the lower pay, you will still make more money here at PSA. And you will still be able to have some kind of life too.

the turtle said:
at first glance your jet FO rates appear to be less than Mesa...and I thought they were the lowest!

Not sure about the capt. rates though.

I hear you about the MEC's.

Just curious, who do you think will get the jets first?

Remember, in my post you read words like "concessionary", and "no vote from the pilot group".

And with the MEC's, I wonder WTF they get taught at leadership school in Crystal City. Because these past actions from many MEC's at different regionals leave alot to be desired.

We are probably less than a week away from "some kind" of an announcement, hopefully its a good one. But to speculate on who gets the first I think depends more on what routes they want them on and which WO is flying that route. Between the WO's there really isn't that much overlay.

But then again WTF do I know? It could be for an entirely different reason on which one will get'em first. If I had to guess I would say ALG, since alot of the merging thats taking place is being centered around them.

Just wanted to give a little more info for those trying to make a decision.

PSA will pay for your single occupancy hotel room during training.

You will be paid from Day 1 your min. monthly guarantee. Which is your 0-1year FO rate times 72 hours for reserve pilots.

You will also be paid Per Diem of $1.30/hr for the entire 6 weeks while in training. Thats roughly $1310.40

It will take about 2 weeks before you see your first paycheck, depending on where in the pay period you start.

Things that will help out are 100% cancellation, and Block or Better. Day Off pay is worth 1.5 times your hourly rate.

To give you an example of one of the more junior bases(DAY) here is this months bid packet averages before the war sched. reduction.

44 FOs with 39 Hard Lines, 1 Build Up, and 4 Reserves. The most junior DAY FO that holds a line was hired less than 6 months ago.

The 39 Hard Lines have an avg. of 85.19 Credit Hours and 12.3 Days Off. The Time Away From Base (what you per diem is calculated from) is 326 hours a month avg.

In the past few months the Credit hours have come down a bit as well as the days off. By the time the Awards for the month come out though most people are flying a little more than that and the days off usually change for the better. Like I said this just gives you an idea of one base for one month. I've seen it much better and hopefully the sched. problems here can be worked out soon.

Good Luck to all those searching.

BTD

Latest resources

Back