PSA and Chautauqua Jumpseat Policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fozzy

Is there any PSA or Chautauqua guys out there that could tell me your jumpseat policy as far as allowing 135 pilots on?

I work for NetJets, and I am hoping to catch a ride if it is at all possible.

Thanks.

I do not work for either company...but how do you guys return the favor. After all it is a "Recipricol Jumpseat Agreement"

Mayday

Jumpseat information....Nix

I would try to PM one of the guys directly. In this age of security, and where I worked before it was considered improper to discuss specifics on an open forum as this. Even though a person needs to have credientials to get on board or for that matter through security, it still provides other information that could be valuable to people that just dont need to know.

I'm sure if you identify yourself to someone directly, or more specifically got to your companies J/S coordinator, they can give you all the details you need.

Ahh thanks, I think.
I was just asking if these company's recognize part 135 for their jumpseat's.

I have been there done that at my previous 121 job. We let (and they still do) everyone on. 121, 135, & FSI IP's. This is not secret squirrel stuff, and there is no secret handshake.

Mayday, it is called helping a guy out. Yes I know, we can't return the favor. But who knows what tomorrow will bring. The world of aviation is small and favor's get paid back many different ways.

I think the biggest problem is you getting past the Gate Agent.

If your not on the jumpseat list (they pull this up in Sabre), they will not give you the form. Especially true on the Airways side of things.

You can always ask to see the captain, but that request usually never get's down to them.

I have no problem helping out a guy, but asking to take someone that is not on the Airways list can be a big risk if the gate agent turns you in.

Just my 2 cents.

Fozzy said:
Thanks.
You can hope all you want, you ain't getting on. This shouldnt be news to you.

@ CHQ

You get passed the gate agent... We will let you on..
Longest you are sitting in the back, you pose no more of a threat than any other pax.
In the back is at CPT's discretion not gate agent. Up front is on Mainline "rules"

let's stop pretending that jumpseat policy is top secret information. this cr@p about not discussing it in a "public forum" is just ridiculous.

TX

Tex,

Please climb back into the tree from which you fell?

He asked a question and it got answered.

What do you think is top secret?

Many captains will help you out regardless of the "magic list". Catch the captain in the gate area or request that the gate agent get the captain and you should be fine.

ATA will take ALL 135 guys with the proper credentials and photo id. All you need to do is call them after 9pm to list...> 866- LIST- ATA. You will not have a problem with any ATA gate agent once you arrive at the airport.

good luck

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back