• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA 70 Seat Rates and LOA 7

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont think Mesa gets block or better either. How about non-line holders, is the pay still at 65-hours?

YEAGER1 said:
YOU HAVE BALLS POSTING THAT PAYSCALE. We at mesa make more than that............

Since when did Mesa pay block or actual?? Hell, when did Mesa start paying block time.

RF

You Mesa guy's are so full of S&!T I have spoken to many of your guys and I had one guy tell me that mesa was making $8 an hour more than us ay PSA and then would meet a guy that would say we were a couple dollars higher and that hell would have to freeze over for you mesa guys to get CX pay. Last I checked Mesa was not in bankruptcy with in the last few years and last I checked Mesa was not facing liquidation where at US Airways group we have and we are. Our pay rates and our contract as a whole is CONCESSIONARY Mesa's contract is the BEST they have ever had. I saw a mesa pilot post that here 5th year as a Captain on they jet she made $70,000 that year, well on the DO328 as a captain I made $58,000 based of that I would have made $80,000 on the 50 seat and $85,000 on the 70 seat as a 5year captain on a concessionary contract. So don't try to make yourselves feel better by bitching by PSA's TA that's not an industry leading contract, just remember that mesa still is the bottom of the barrel with their best contract and PSA has an average contract with their concessionary contract. Face it you mesa guys work for the worst and the most hated company in the industry. So you need to try to change the mesa image.

Pretty horrible rates I must say.......WAIT until you can defenitely distinguish yourselves payrate-wise from MESA. I can see the jokes now...

Actually Mesa's min guarantee for line or reserve is 70hrs per month. Where their new contract really lost ground was in the details such as move days, guaranteed days off, etc. QOL stuff. Be sure you look at the whole contract not just the hourly pay. Good luck.

A Mesa pilot can correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Mesa has a 70 hour guarantee per bid period...13 bid periods per year.

12 months x 75hr/mo guarantee = 900 hours
13 bids x 70hr/bid guarantee = 910 hours

If you divide 910 by 12 months, you will get the 75.83 hr/mo guarantee as posted earlier.

BOOM! Another Mesa myth busted...

Last edited:
When I first started this thread I had no intention on it turning into a bash festival, so lets try to get back on track with the topic at hand. Now more than ever I think the PSA pilots need real feed back on the ENTIRE LOA not just the pay.

The past is the past, lets try to get over who signed what and for how much and work on the future.

Work on the future means......

somebodies gotta stop you regional guys from become the outsourced AOL-technician-from-India-in-a-cockpit. As long as the planes keep flying, this is gonna be a b itch to do. Someone has to take a bullet for the "profession", who is it gonna be? Mesa was the poster child for why people should strike or at least work-to-rule. No respect, bad contract, scummy management etc. They coulda plugged the hole, but they, as a whole, choked. Darned near everyone else wanted them to put a foot down(and JOB) for what woulda been good for the regional pilots. They were asked to do it alone; No one on this board made a pledge to hire anyone who would have lost his job as a result of any potential work action. This was a MAJOR flaw. No one at ALPA, who shoulda know better, saw to it that the guys who walked the plank would get anything for it. SOMEONE shoulda arranged preferental hiring for the firing that would have happened;How about doing it for PSA guys who may have to walk the plank soon? The biggest thing the military taught me about leadership was to never ask someone to do something you wouldn't do. Will the most vocal anti-Mesa PSA types do what they asked other guys to do??? I hope, but the caliber of the profession will bear itself out when the chips are down and the time for talk is over...Stay tuned and good luck.....

ChinaClipper your a frickin tool......Who do you think you are? some sort of aviation GOD? You seem to be the kind of guy that got beat up all the time growing up..Personally I would like the kick the crap out of you myself... I do not understand how anyone can even use PSA in the same sentence as MESA? Mesa is a bunch of good for nothing little scared girls..........PSA actually has pilots who stand up for themselves.......The last time they had a contract to vote on they voted it down......PSA is not even close to MESA in any way shape or form......As for this LOA i personally do not se anything in it that brings down industry standards, it only improves upon PSAs current contract......MESA bashing will continue until they all grow a sack of balls.....

Latest resources

Back