Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Daytonaflyer

Atlantic Aviation (SDF) policy

I flew into Atlantic Aviation in Louisville, KY (SDF) recently. I was dismayed to learn that Atlantic Aviation at SDF has a policy of not allowing any cargo pilots to use the crew car.
They allow all other pilots use of the crew car but not cargo pilots. I was informed that the policy is the result of a bad experience in the past with a single cargo pilot who abused the crew car privilege.
I feel that it is unfair and unjust to discriminate against all of us hard working cargo pilots because of the actions of a single individual.

Cargo pilots work just as hard as other pilots. We buy fuel and services from Atlantic Aviation just like private pilots and corporate pilots do. We pay ramp fees and handling fees just like other pilots do. If this prejudiced policy, directed against cargo pilots is not revoked, I think we should avoid Atlantic Aviation at SDF.
If you cannot avoid landing in Louisville and must use Atlantic Aviation, please take only the minimum fuel and do not pay for additional services as long as this policy is in place.
Let your dispatchers know that you do not want to use Atlantic Aviation in Louisville and recommend other airports such as KLOU, KJVY, or KLEX.
If we are going to get this policy changed, we need to show them that their company stands to lose a lot of money by treating cargo pilots as second class citizens.

If this policy upsets you, please email the manager of Atlantic Aviation in Louisville at [email protected] or call him at 502-368-1515. The manager's name is Dick Parisi.

You can also reach their VP, Sue Summers, at 214-213-8136 and explain how this policy is not fair.

Last edited:
Daytonaflyer said:
I flew into Atlantic Aviation in Louisville, KY (SDF) recently. I was dismayed to learn that Atlantic Aviation at SDF has a policy of not allowing any cargo pilots to use the crew car.

Is this a new policy? I've never had a problem getting the crew car there.

I didnt even know they had a crew car...most of the time they have a company shuttle that will take you where you want to go. Personally i like it but sucks when the shuttle isnt running. Anything is better then signature. I feel your pain about the discrimination. I have worked at a place that treated its line guys better then freight pilots.

Well they aren't the only FBO out there that discriminates against cargo pilots in this way.

Pre Katrina in New Orleans KNEW, Atlantic bought out GAC on the field. There primary goal was corporate jet customers. They booted some long term GAC hangar clients and gave poor service to anyone not flying a jet.

As the story goes they gave poor service to a Baron pilot who was in town for the weekend as they were too busy kissing the butts of the corporate clients that day. The next time that Baron pilot captained the G4 he flew proffesionally to NEW guess which FBO he did not visit? Eventually their poor attitude caught up to them and they had to do a lot of work to regain the business they lost. Think cheap gas locals. For that we were willing to forgive them. Boycotting can be effective.

I think it must be a fairly new policy. I find it unusual that some have been treated this way at other FBO's. I have never had an FBO deny me a crew car because I'm a cargo pilot. My company flies jets in there, Falcons, and we take a LOT of fuel. We often pay retail price for the fuel too. I am surprised that people have experienced this treatment elsewhere. I emailed the manager, so hopefully he will respond. They stand to lose a lot of money if we only min fuel out of there from now on.

What happened to FBO AvCenter in SDF? They used to be pretty good when I drove checks in there.

Atlantic bought our FBO AvCenter about six months ago.

We fly jets and take quite a bit of fuel their, and it's retail also.

Last time I drove the van there I filled the tank on my company's dime, after waiting two hours for some BeechJet frac guys to finish using it.

I better get the van if I need it.

Wiggums said:
Atlantic bought our FBO AvCenter about six months ago.

We fly jets and take quite a bit of fuel their, and it's retail also.

Last time I drove the van there I filled the tank on my company's dime, after waiting two hours for some BeechJet frac guys to finish using it.

I better get the van if I need it.

off the subject but, i heard from a couple of Atlantic folks in SDF and MSY that it was FBO Avcenter that bought Atlantic and kept the name.

WabiSabi said:
off the subject but, i heard from a couple of Atlantic folks in SDF and MSY that it was FBO Avcenter that bought Atlantic and kept the name.

You are correct.

Latest resources

Back