Priority Air in Minneapolis looking for piston twin pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

imacdog

Priority Air is looking for one or more 135 PIC cargo pilots to fly Cessna 310s out of Minneapolis. No weekend or holiday flying. Good runs and good equipment. Pay is $120-$140 per day depending on the run. Resumes can be faxed Attn: Brad Kirby, Chief Pilot, (605) 882-5765. Priority Air is based in Watertown, SD, with the cargo planes and pilots based out of Crystal and Anoka airports in Minneapolis.

Additionally, if anyone has any questions about flying for Priority Air, just ask and I'll answer as best as I can.

Sounds like a good outfit. Nice to see good pay rates and good mx mentioned.

Yes, I have been very happy working here, and the other pilots seem to be happy too. We are a small operation and our pilots are in the process of moving on to the next step. With three planes and four pilots, we have very little wiggle room to lose pilots without having new pilots in training. Three pilots works for a little bit, but everyone gets worked pretty hard. Four is perfect, and five is too many for the amount of flying we do.

Hi there.

Just wondering what kinds of time Brad is looking for, and what would the typical run be?

Regards,
Scott
KJMS

As an absolute minimum we need the 135 IFR mins. Experience that would be helpful includes an ATP, previous 135 experience (especially PIC time in anything), C-310 experience, experience in the ND/SD/MN area, and good IFR experience. Of course it is difficult in this job market to find someone with all of that experience, but it is easier to train a solid IFR pilot to fly a 310 than it is to teach a VFR 310 driver how to fly instruments.

As far as routes goes, we run four scheduled routes. All of them leave at either 5am or 6:30am and return between 5pm and 8:30pm, with various flight times and wait times for each route. As an example, we have a run that leaves at 6:30am, with stops at Aberdeen, Mandan, and Minot, arriving in Minot at about 10am or so. The pilot leaves Minot at 5pm, with a stop at Mandan on the way to Anoka, getting back at 8pm or so. Our shortest run gets you about 2.5 hours flight time, the longest run about 6 hours of flight time. We rotate pilots between routes so they get some variety and everyone gets a shot at the cake run (Fargo) once in a while. Hope this helps.

I did a year of freight flying in the north country. Was good experience though!

Latest resources

Back