• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pres. Ronald Reagan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Though I dont consider myself to be very right-leaning, I admired Ronald Reagan as a President and as a man. He was a decent person and a great leader who rose to the challenges of his time in office. This country is a better place today because of him.

Rest well Mr. President

President Reagan

I was serving in the Navy at the time President Reagan came into office. Having endured the indecisiveness, and weakness of the Carter Administration, President Reagan's arrival in January 1981 was a breath of fresh air.

Our confidence soared!

I know God had blessed this man with the leadership to lead this country from the pessimistic, and defeatist quagmire that marked the post-Vietnam decade.

I hope all will join me in saying a prayer for the comfort of his family and a prayer of Thanksgiving for the Providence of his service to our Nation.

Thank you President Reagan and God Bless You, Sir!

I thought I read somewhere that he refused to go into the oval office without a suit on. Truly a class act IMO.
DD

When the US Navy went to the Southern Med to do "FON OPS" (freedom of navigation) off the coast of Libya, the previous Rules of Engagement (under Carter) forbid U.S. pilots from pursuing Libyan pilots after they committed a "hostile act" if the Libyan turned away and headed for home.

Reagan was asked by his staff about a scenario of Libyans initiating hostilities then running away (like they always did). He was asked how far a U.S. pilot could pursue the Libyan. His answer was: "all the way into the hangar".

Now that's a "Commander in Chief". God rest his soul.

Catfish

Hey Mcdonut
I know you post was just flamebait-but I just wanted to let you know you left out Moron (pronounced Mo Ron) in your profile-maybe you could put it next to the type aircraft you have flown.

Ronald Reagan was exactly what this country needed after the Carter Admin.

He will always be one of the best presidents this country ever had.

Fly Safe
Chuck

cgmason1 said:
Hey Mcdonut
I know you post was just flamebait-but I just wanted to let you know you left out Moron (pronounced Mo Ron) in your profile-maybe you could put it next to the type aircraft you have flown.

Ronald Reagan was exactly what this country needed after the Carter Admin.

He will always be one of the best presidents this country ever had.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Oh! I think you meant MORAN.... and yeah, ME post is flamebait. Did I catch a flamer?

Latest resources

Back