• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Predictions for end of 2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, ain't that the truth. Wow, watch guys run back and forth on a big field for 90 minutes for a 1-0 score...whoo hoo! Let the good times roll!

Fortunately, European games have fights in the stands fairly frequently to distract from the boredom on the field. If all I had was a choice between soccer or cricket, I'd probably want to wail on my neighbor too.

And they say American sports are violent...:rolleyes:

Nu

Let see..... Soccer to you might be boring, but its still watched by the whole WORLD.....yes... even people here in the US. As boring as it may be, its still the biggest....eeerrr....one of the biggest sports out there.....

Now back to the 2008 thread.....

Let see..... Soccer to you might be boring, but its still watched by the whole WORLD......

Which tells you all that you need to know about the rest of the world.

Nu

PS What would be seen as a road hazard in the US, in the third world, is probably the road -- P.J. O'Rourke, Holidays in Hell

Oil: $150-160
Dollar: Up sightly
Inflation: 7% and rising
Housing Market: relatively stable at low levels
President: Obama, by a comfortable margin
War: Status Quo
Airlines:
Furloughs: AA, UAUA, NWA/DAL
Failures: United, Frontier, Sun Country
Impending Failures: UAUA, AA
Capacity Cutbacks: 20%
Leisure Market: Down dramatically
Mergers: NWA-DAL but going very badly

Thank you for your negative input on life. Your predictions...most have already been announced in the news...did you figure this out all on your own?

Last edited:
I had my predictions written until I got to war.

Iran and Israel are too unstable to predict. Obama might not be the best choice in those waters, but hot head McCain sure isn't. Wonder if Colin Powell will return to public service?

McCain is the only choice. Obama is clueless.

Which tells you all that you need to know about the rest of the world.

Nu

PS What would be seen as a road hazard in the US, in the third world, is probably the road -- P.J. O'Rourke, Holidays in Hell

And your post tell me alot about you and the way you think. Not everybody has to like the same stuff or do the same things or live the same way. But in your eyes the WHOLE world is wrong, because you find soccer boring. Unfreakinreal.......

sorry for the thread hijack people..... this thread is twisted anyways..... oh well.... back to the death of all airlines......

Last edited:
Yup, baseball is REALLY exciting! 3 hours for about 10 minutes of action. And I played it for 20 years. I sure as heck can't watch it much.....

BUT,

It beats the daylights out of watching soccer...er...futbol. Now rugby on the other hand...

Seriously?

The key to the fate of the legacy airlines will be how much leverage the manufacturers (Boeing, EADS, GE, P&W, Rolls, etc) can exert upon the banks and lenders to risk mondo scratch-o on the companies that buy most of their stuff.

Furloughs are inevitable, only because there isn't enough pricing power available as long as the revenue side of the industry is being held hostage by the dumbest CEO. (it's a rotating position!) So, as money gets more and more scarce, they'll cut costs [Hint: We are a "cost"].

The legacies will be trying to outrun each other instead of the bear.

McCain is the only choice. Obama is clueless.

McCain supports relaxation of cabotage laws, Obama doesn't. McCain doesn't support the right of airline pilots to strike, Obama does. As an airline pilot I think it would be stupid to support McCain, so I won't.

My prediction for 2008, I still won't have my PGA card.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back