Possible offline Jumpseat restoration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flight-crew

Does this mean that only a select few will be able to jumpseat offline while the rest of us have to wait another 6 months?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TSA to Get Proposal for Jumpseat Policy

The Transportation Security Administration has agreed to review a proposal for a test program that would allow certain airline and government employees to once again fly on off-line jumpseats.

The proposal, drawn up by the “jumpseat coalition” (ALPA, APA, SWAPA, IPA, CAPA, NATCA, ATA and FAA) will be forwarded to TSA by July 10. TSA will have 30 days to accept or reject the proposal. If accepted, TSA will undertake a 6-month pilot project that would restore jumpseat privileges to specific users. Under the pilot program, use of the off-line jumpseat would be permitted for ATA airline employees, air traffic controllers and other FAA employees, plus Department of Defense couriers. At the end of the six months TSA will assess the results of the project and determine whether to make the program permanent.

flight-crew said:
TSA will have 30 days to accept or reject the proposal. If accepted, TSA will undertake a 6-month pilot project that would restore jumpseat privileges to specific users.

SPECIFIC users, huh? TSA monkeys, FAA controllers, and everyone and their mother except offline pilots.

Somehow, I think that if it doesn't amount to full offline restoration, I think there will be a lot of jumpseats MEL'ed and unusable.

Pilots have been using the jumpseat for years, and now the TSA has decided they need to design a little "jumpseat project."

"Well isn't that speccccial" (Church lady / Dana Carvey)

churchlady02.jpg

Last edited:
If the offline J/S is not made available to pilots, but is available to TSA goons, I'd flat out deny every single TSA guy who asked for a ride.

If accepted, TSA will undertake a 6-month pilot project that would restore jumpseat privileges to specific users. Under the pilot program, use of the off-line jumpseat would be permitted for ATA airline employees

The specific users are ATA carrier certified airmen. If your airline is not a member of the ATA you are out of luck. Most airlines are not members of the ATA, especially regional airlines.

DoinTime said:
The specific users are ATA carrier certified airmen. If your airline is not a member of the ATA you are out of luck. Most airlines are not members of the ATA, especially regional airlines.

I think you guys would still get in on this under your big brother airline. I'm still not holding my breath for this to go through... we're talking TSA here...

This does not sound like it is about getting TSA people on jumpseats, just that TSA would be the one approving the program.

well crap...if the freight dogs can jumpseat, whats the big deal???

Latest resources

Back