Positive space to work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cheezpilot

If I lived in Belize (just south of Cozumel, Mexico) would any of the fractionals provide positive space tickets to work. It is served by US AIr, American, Continental. Only two-three hours to Houston, Miami, Dallas, or Charlotte. I have heard that some will not because it is international. Any input is greatly appreciated?

I know Flight Options won't. I asked about the Bahamas, 45 mins away from Ft. Lauderdale. No luck.

You must live like a king in Belize. Exchange rate still something like 2 to 1?

None of the current frax(that are based in the US) will let you be based outside of the US. I doubt any of them would even hire you if you told them you wanted to live in Belize, but would get yourself to XXX gateway city in the US. It's too much of a hassle, too much chance for something to go awry with you getting to work, and there's plenty of pilots out there looking for the same job.

At Options, we can airline out of domicile if we provide 48 hours notice. This means that if a pilot is based at LAX, he can, at the end of his tour, have the company airline him to JFK instead of LAX. They will then airline you back out of that location as well, if necessary. No cost to the pilot...but they won't allow anything outside the US as a general rule...and I haven't tried it, but I doubt they would allow Alaska or Hawaii due to the high cost.

Thank you for the replies. I figured as much. I guess I will just have to stick it out jumpseating with my current alirline job and someday maybe work for an airline that actually flies to Belize. It is hard but worth it to live in Belize. Yes the exchange rate is 2 to 1 fixed to the US dollar. Cost of living is only slightly less than the US. Thanks again.

Latest resources

Back