• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kamikaize

Giggity
Hey Everyone,

As of May 1 Ameristar is changing its schedule and Pay!!! The new schedule will equal 20 days of work and 11 days off a month. Each months schedule will be bid on by seniority. There are 17 different schedules to bid on using many different combinations such as 5/2,6/5,7/7,9/9,10/6. The new pay for Fo's is 24k salary, .7cents a sm and $36 perdiem a day. Captain pay is $36k salary, .10 cents a sm and $36 perdiem. We have been avg. 70 hrs a month this year and are getting a first quarter bonus of half a months salary. We are currently looking for pilots for a May 21 class. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Anthony

Saved you a post.

PILOTYIP said:
All signs of the impending pilot shortage and hiring boom of March 2008. In what other industry can a 19 year old college dropout make $200,000 a year!

Just having some fun with ya. :)

Definately a change for the better.

Last edited:
Saved you a post.

Just having some fun with ya. :)

Definately a change for the better.

When is this per diem going to go up? 2.00 per hr would be nice. Gov allows 62.00 per day. It always seems like were getting the short end of the stick.

This is all a sign of the worldwide growing pilot shortage. It is only going to get worse, more pay rasies will be needed to atract and retain a pilot force.

It would have been nice if management would have put the stubborness aside and realized that the 13 and 1 schedule would not work before they ran off a bunch of good guys. I am happy for my friends that are still there, you guys deserve an improvement.

Van

Do you get paid for every mile or do you still have to "break mileage" each month?

did they get rid of the training contract? That would make it easier to attract pilots. It aslo forces managment to think how every decision will effect turnover. It worked here, you are matching us on days off, moving closer on pay, make the next step become training contract free.

We are currently looking for pilots for a May 21 class. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Anthony

C'mon now, your cheating to get the signing bonus. Flightinfo recommendations dont count ;)

All kidding aside, I am very glad to see the positive changes here. Like Van said, its too bad the poor sked drove off a bunch of good guys. Hopefully things will continue to improve.

Do you get paid for every mile or do you still have to "break mileage" each month?

We still have to meet a quota before we make $$. 10,500 for FO's 7,000 for CA's Anything after that is gravy. Plus it goes up again when you hit 20K (.05c)and then again at 30K (.05c). So if you hit 30K in a month, your whole mileage gets counted at an extra penny. Doesnt sound like much, but do the math. 30000 - 10,500 = 19,500 19,500 * .01 = $195 extra.
So if you were a first year FO, you'd make $1560 in milage for the month, plus $2000 salary and on average $600 per diem. $3560 before taxes is pretty good for an FO.

Granted this is with a 30,000 mile month which is pretty rare, but with us being short on crews, everyone is flying more and the money is getting better.

Latest resources

Back