• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

POOLIES: News from Jennifer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey fellow swimmers, I’ve been in the pool since Dec. and like everyone else I’m playing the guessing game with the class date. JM has told me the same as the rest (after April). For entertainment value I'm thinking I’ll be in the April 25 class, any predictions (crethree on the poolie list). Mailed resume 3/01, interviewed 7/01, DB 9/01, typed 12/01.

CreeThree/TrumanSparks

I am reading the tea leaves (which is hard to do with coffee) and I show you a SOLID 9 May. Of course I hope it is earlier, in fact if you make 25 April I will buy you a malted adult beverage of your choice.

Magic
Specnut
P3flyer
Las777

Can you guys touch the bottom yet? It has got to be getting shallow over there!

Ivauir,

Ok, so do you think that someone who interviewed in Aug 01, and typed December 19th will make it to class in May? 3 days ago I called JM and she told me "not before april", so I attempted to get a little more info and asked her if she thought it would be May or after May and she told me "After May.." Oh well, swimming is good exercise and I'd swim for another 2 years if I had to!!!

S.B.

Hey Everyone,

I too spoke to JM this week and still have absolutely no idea when I'll get to trade in my swimsuit for a leather jacket.

She said I would probably be in either the late April or early May class!!! Huh? I asked her about the 28 March class and she said "no way - not a chance".

If (and this is a big IF) we have this system even remotely figured out, I can't imagine there are THAT many people in the pool between T-45Flyer and myself. Is it possible to have 40-50 people either get a type or interview with type in a ten day period???

I feel sorry for JM though, I'm sure she doesn't realize how many bored pilots analyze her words microscopically (is that a word?). Or maybe she does, and that's why I got a couple of the polite non-answers as well... Oh well, I know she is tremendously busy, and she is always fantastic about calling me back when I get her voicemail.

One of these days the lifeguard will begin to blow the whistle and say "everyone out of the pool", I just hope it's soon, I'm starting to get some shrinkage...

McC

Ok, so do you think that someone who interviewed in Aug 01, and typed December 19th will make it to class in May? 3 days ago I called JM and she told me "not before april"

Ok, I started doing some microscopic analysis of this for you Starbuck. Cross referancing with what she told me etc. But then I relised the futillity of my effort. I think she tells deepend swimmers essentially random things. When she starts getting definite I think the water is starting to get shallow, but she will be off by a month. I think this stage is about a month off. The only things we know for sure are: people always go before her predictions, you get no definite information until you are offered a class, and these classes don't start to get filled until three weeks prior with the last calls going out two weeks prior. Hmmm this gives those with jobs just enough time to give notice. So take it with a grain of salt - and pray for Magic and Specnut. In fact I was hoping for McC, but I thought that the odds were slim and given the strength of JM's wording I'd say slim just left town
:eek:

I can't imagine there are THAT many people in the pool between T-45Flyer and myself. Is it possible to have 40-50 people either get a type or interview with type in a ten day period
I'd say it is unlikely. So far our list has proven to be a statistically valid sample. So far the average days between pool entry and class dates are (starting with 17 Jan) 178.25, 173.39, 172.00, 167.17, and 165.20. Nobody, except Jball (who delayed for personal reasons) has been over 180 since the 31 Jan class.

Take it for what it is worth but the even though JM is promising longer waits the trend is toward shorter waits. Stay tuned.

statistical analysis

Being furloughed gives us way too much time for this stuff but here is a thought on this by me between coats of paint in the MBR.

As far as whether or not our list is a good sample is hard to say. For certain classes is was right on; that we had about 40-50% of a class listed on this board. This was especially true for the first few classes of the year. Now jump forward to the March 28 class. So far only one call to T45Flyer. I would say we have an anomaly here because we have a large gap from 15 Oct to 22 Oct. A whole week with no one in the pool. Starting on the 22nd we have 10 names thru the 25th (myself included). I would say that our statistical analysis kinda sucks here. Oh well.

We also have to wonder what has happened to those people/data points who should have responded with class date or leaving the pool for other airlines. (DUDS, FEDEXBOUND, AKADANO, etc...)

I still think IVAUIR has it nailed down with his theory (proven, I might add) of about 180 days from pool to class.

Anyway, my paint roller calls!

Peace and Love

Slug

training classes

Hi, FYI

Spoke with Jennifer today, (Friday) and she said that there were no training classes scheduled after April. So it wasn't posible to say what the earliest or latest I would be called...."not for a while" is how we left it.

With 2 classes of about 20/class, SWA will have only trained about 160 pilots by end of April with plans (I keep hearing) for 450 for 2002. Hopefully they will announce more class dates for all of us to start...

Latest resources

Back