• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please Pay Attention

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What checklist, or procedure allows you to leave a fuel door unlocked? I'm sure the TSA would be happy to hear how easy it is to screw with your aircraft, or fuel.

When I flew the CRJ, neither its fuel panel or single-point doors had locks...

...Not gonna lie, it makes me nervous to lock fuel caps... maybe I just have a real bad habbit of losing keys... At least an emergency exit can get me into the plane :)

To the pilot that left Henderson NV with his fuel in my airplane...please pay attention.

It took me 2:30 to get your fuel out of my airplane and the FBO tried to bill me for all of it.

Ok, I maybe misreading you here, but are you saying that they FBO tried to bill you for the fuel and for taking it off? If they were trying to bill you for the fuel they put in your plane that would make zero sense because the superposed other pilot would/should have already paid for it.

But I did have an FBO in HPN do that to my a/c. The other a/c that ordered the fuel had a similar tail number. The only difference was that their tail number had a "QS" at the end ;) and ours didn't. And they did take off without their fuel as well. The only "small" issue was that they did not need prist and we did. But it was such a small amount that was put on, it made no real big difference as we had to put even more on for our trip.

When I order fuel I go wait by the aircraft. If the truck goes to another plane, I assume that someone else was ahead of me. I understand that I'm not the only customer. It never crossed my mind to run over to the line guys and ask if they are getting ready to fuel the wrong airplane! Would I look like a jerk every time I did that or what?

When I order fuel I go wait by the aircraft. If the truck goes to another plane, I assume that someone else was ahead of me. I understand that I'm not the only customer. It never crossed my mind to run over to the line guys and ask if they are getting ready to fuel the wrong airplane! Would I look like a jerk every time I did that or what?

yeah, no kidding!! Imagine if you did that in Teterboro. You would be very busy. My last thing I say before takeoff is "trims, speeds, flaps and gas...probes, strobes, lights and CAS" hahaha it works, trust me.

That's a bummer. I have asked for 300 gallons before and the fueler somehow thought I wanted a top off. Luckily, I was present to stop them.

You can't beat having locks on fuel caps/single point doors. We use ours so we don't go through the same ordeal you had to experience.

The line guys are generally idiots. I know ... I used to be one. :(

Mine story is right fuel, wrong tanks. I ordered the minimum to waive the ramp charge - then had to get double that added because the CG was screwed up with the fuel in the aux tanks.

FBO manager looked at fuel slip, saw his guys messed up and said, "what do you want us to do?" Answer: sell me the fuel I need to balance for cost. Done. Wound up with some cheap gas!

Latest resources

Back