Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PlaneSense/Alpha Flying Grob Jet - Any Updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I am sitting at an FBO, watching the Olympics and reading a "Business Jet Traveler" magazine and I see an Alpha Flying ad stating, "Coming late 2008: The new Grob spN."

We keep hearing about the other jets like the Phenom 100 and the Eclipse - but not much about the Grob Jet and where it is in the development process. It must be close to certification if AF claims it will be available at the end of this year. Anyone have any updates?

When will I start seeing these AF Grobs on the ramp - this year? The AF ads are pretty well done.

I think the Grob is supposed to compete with bigger airplanes like the Phenom 300, the CJ1+ maybe even the CJ2. You can't compare the Grob to an Eclipse. With that said, I have not seen much about the Grob at all. I presume AF knows more about the progress otherwsie they wouldn't be specifically mentioning late 2008 for first delivery...

I would be pi$$ed as an owner if I expected the aircraft to arrive in late 08 and it doesn't. I guess the Netjets Hawker 4000 share owners know all about broken delivery-date promises... Let's hope AF has a handle on it.

I agree that I haven't heard much about the Grob lately. I am surprised none of the Alpha Flying pilots are talking about it... But hey, they wouldn't advertise a late 2008 introduction date in magazines if they didn't mean it - right?

I'll believe it when I see it on the ramp.

Latest resources

Back