Pinnicale Staffing Model

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

burg

Once again the good folks here at Pinnicale Airlines have not planned ahead.
It has been known for about a year now that we were getting rid of all of the SF-3's by the end of 2002. No big deal, right. Apparently not.
Boy Wonder White has seen fit to wait until the last 3.5 months of the year to displace all SF-3 crew members from MEM. (About 45 CA's and 25 FO's) This is not an unusual way to do things but over the last 6 months they have still continued to up-grade junior pilots into the CRJ left seat. So now they are secondary displacements that put the 27 bottom CRJ CA's into the right seat.
We are still hiring around 15 -25 guys a month and taking 2 CRJ's a month until we get to 83 A/C. (currently at around 38). So in a few months after all of the displacements have trickeled down and vacancies start opening again you will have to upgrade 27 more CA's as the staffing model demands. (Displaced pilots lose seat rights 90 days after displacement.)

I'm not real sure what the exact cost is to train a CRJ CA, but it sure can't be cheap.

I don't know about the rest of you out there but I've always thought that when you consistsantly do a poor job at work and cost the company unneeded funds you got fired.

Apparently not at this company.......................

Idiots are what make this world go round.

burg

Latest resources

Back