• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacolaba list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, grats doin', flyer, and all the other 9E guys on here. I got hosed pretty good. I am pretty sure I am going to be downgrading by the end of the year because of the fences. At least prior to the merger I had the flow to look forward to while I was downgrading. There was lots of mention of the good things Mesaba brings to the table in his award, but I don't see that translating into anything around my seniority. Time to mourn for a day or so, then move on.

Well, grats doin', flyer, and all the other 9E guys on here. I got hosed pretty good. I am pretty sure I am going to be downgrading by the end of the year because of the fences. At least prior to the merger I had the flow to look forward to while I was downgrading. There was lots of mention of the good things Mesaba brings to the table in his award, but I don't see that translating into anything around my seniority. Time to mourn for a day or so, then move on.

Where were you on the mesaba list? Just curious, from another mesaba pilot

My disclaimer, I'm typing this from the crew room and as of right now, 7pm local time eastern, I have not fully read the award or the conditions/restrictions. bri, I have nothing against you. I want to understand your concern. You cannot be flushed, you cannot be displaced, not even one year after this list is out. Can you PM me? I'd like to know are you a 900 CA? 200CA? Saab CA? If you are a 900 Captain, I think the Mesaba side did excellent. The ratio is 2.7:1 for the 900 Captains, starting with a MESABA PILOT. So what plane are you on?

Just doing a quick, eye glance analysis, it seems the true winners, in terms of seniority grab, are the junior Colgan CAs on both the Qs and Saabs, since they are above ALL FOs SYSTEM WIDE. Lots of Colgan Captains were hired in 2007-9, and now they are super-senior above all FOs.

My disclaimer, I'm typing this from the crew room and as of right now, 7pm local time eastern, I have not fully read the award or the conditions/restrictions. bri, I have nothing against you. I want to understand your concern. You cannot be flushed, you cannot be displaced, not even one year after this list is out. Can you PM me? I'd like to know are you a 900 CA? 200CA? Saab CA? If you are a 900 Captain, I think the Mesaba side did excellent. The ratio is 2.7:1 for the 900 Captains, starting with a MESABA PILOT. So what plane are you on?

Just doing a quick, eye glance analysis, it seems the true winners, in terms of seniority grab, are the junior Colgan CAs on both the Qs and Saabs, since they are above ALL FOs SYSTEM WIDE. Lots of Colgan Captains were hired in 2007-9, and now they are super-senior above all FOs.

Saab captain, and yes I can be displaced when my plane goes away. As stated earlier, at least before when I was going to be downgrading I could look forward to flowing at some point. I may change my tune though. After reading the fence language, it really doesn't fence anything on the growing side. In order for Mesaba or Colgan to bid to a 200 captain position, there needs to be at least 541 9E pilots already in that position. He used 541 because that's how many were already there from his "snapshot" (no clue when that was). So the minimum is already met and that should open vacancies up to seniority order (any airline). Am I missing something?

Anybody understand these 5 year fences? No upgrades to other airlines unless certain position numbers are already held by (individual) airline? My take on it is that as long as the fleet doesn't grow, then the position numbers will still be the same. Essentially, it's a 5-year fence for upgrades? The difference is the Qs. If the Qs grow, then the 193 positions would be exceeded and Xj/9E guys could bid there. But as long as no fleet grows on the 900 side or the 200 side, are individiual airline upgrades protected?

Totally confused!

Anybody understand these 5 year fences? No upgrades to other airlines unless certain position numbers are already held by (individual) airline? My take on it is that as long as the fleet doesn't grow, then the position numbers will still be the same. Essentially, it's a 5-year fence for upgrades? The difference is the Qs. If the Qs grow, then the 193 positions would be exceeded and Xj/9E guys could bid there. But as long as no fleet grows on the 900 side or the 200 side, are individiual airline upgrades protected?

Totally confused!

That's the way I read it.

My question is... Where do Mesaba guys go when the Saabs start leaving?

Latest resources

Back