• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

burg

Our MEC has sent out this mass e- mail to the pilot group that states,

"October 4, 2003

Special Message from Wake Gordon, PCL MEC Chairman

Early today I spoke with my counterpart at Continental Express. In that
conversation I was informed that Continental Express has made an offer to purchase Pinnacle. This information was given to the Continental Express pilots by its management. At this time the COEX union representatives do not know the nature or terms of the offer.

All members of the MEC who were available this morning have been fully briefed. I have also spoken today with our management. At this time, they are unaware of any offer to purchase the company. Given the ownership structure of Pinnacle stock, this fact would not be unusual.

It is reasonable to assume that this information is correct.

I wish to emphasize that this is very preliminary information. Wild speculation as to the potential impact upon our pilot group is just that; speculation. Further, I want to assure you that next week your MEC will working our contacts within the industry to pin down the terms of this offer, if indeed an offer has been made, and gauge its impact upon our company. I wish to further emphasize that you should not believe any of the rumors that an announcement of this type will generate. If you have not heard it from your union representatives, it is probably not true.

Sincerely,

Wake Gordon
PCL ALPA MEC Chairman"

End Quote. Any CoER guys heard anything remotly close to this. Or is My 55 year old MEC chair finaly lost his marbles.

I lean toward the latter>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks
burg

Apparently Coex offered stock and NW wants $$$.

We know just about as much as you guys have been told right now which is that Expressjet has made some kind of an offer to acquire Pinnacle. However, the company hasn't released any information to the pilot group yet. Stay tuned, things should get really interesting.

Mergers, Mergers, Mergers!

CoEx wants Pinnacle, Mesa wants ACA - man, is this industry in consolidation or what?

Who would be bigger, Mesa/ACA or CoEx/Pinnacle? When's Eagle gonna' be sold (rumors)?

The game is afoot.

Why pinnalce?

What would CO Ex want with Pinnacle? How would CO EX benefit from purchasing them? Who does Pinnalce fly feed for? I thought that they were a WO but I am probably mistaken. I hope it happens if it is a good thing for the Pinnalce employees. Anyone in the know? Thanks.:p

Hi!

Pinnacle is 1/2 (or so) of NW Airlink (the other 1/2 is Mesaba). They fly CRJs out of DTW, MSP and MEM.

THey ARE 100% owned by NWA. Last year, NWA tried to spin them off into an IPO (like CoEx-now called ?), but failed. People didn't want to buy them at that time (I would never buy stock in a regional that was 100% controlled by a larger airline-it doesn't make any sense to me as an investment-how can you control your stock price/profits when your company has no control over itself?).

Based on the fact that NWA wanted to sell them, it makes sense to me that they would consider selling them now.

Cliff
DTW

Re: Mergers, Mergers, Mergers!

stillaboo said:
CoEx wants Pinnacle, Mesa wants ACA - man, is this industry in consolidation or what?

Who would be bigger, Mesa/ACA or CoEx/Pinnacle? When's Eagle gonna' be sold (rumors)?

The game is afoot.

Mesa has 149 airframes
ACA 146
Total 295

XJT has 218, 56 on order
Pinnicle has 70, 59 on order.
Total 288

Don't forget that MESA has to buy their aircraft from some guy down on 42nd ST. They have a hard enough time finding financing so Lets hope that JO gets indited for insider trading before they get all the financing. Listen to the VM 877-MESA-CEO

Very entertaining.

What about Messaba

If this was to happen, how Fuc%ed would Messaba be.
Kinda funny that this could happen the same time NWA is talking about making Messaba get rid of their Jets.

Latest resources

Back