• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pink slipped last night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Start networking big time ASAP. Look for flight departments nearby with similar aircraft types and start to network - let them know you are available. Don't panic. The economy is starting to pick up a bit.

Start networking big time ASAP. Look for flight departments nearby with similar aircraft types and start to network - let them know you are available. Don't panic. The economy is starting to pick up a bit.

Sorry to be blunt, but now is NOT the time to be networking. The time to be networking was the last several years. Imagine how you would feel being the Chief Pilot at a place that operated the same equipment and this person never felt the need to "stop in and say hello" until he needed something from you.

Sorry to be blunt, but now is NOT the time to be networking. The time to be networking was the last several years. Imagine how you would feel being the Chief Pilot at a place that operated the same equipment and this person never felt the need to "stop in and say hello" until he needed something from you.

I'd think maybe he liked his job, but now is out of work and needs another?

Cant imagine I could make more of it than that....??

"Perpetual networkers" are obvious, annoying, and hard to figure out....from web boards to social newtworking places like facebook etc...everyone knows a few and very few will hire them.

Good luck in your job search.

Guido,

I think what was ment by the comment is call everyone you know let them know you are looking for work. Pilots hear about jobs all the time but if they don't know anyone they know is looking the info will not get passed along. DHC8FO good luck like they said don't panic let everyone know your available for contract work. Get going on unemployment asap. My layoffs in the passed kept me out 90-120 days. Hit it hard something will come up.

Chairman

"Perpetual networkers" are obvious, annoying, and hard to figure out

X2.

What part of the country are you in and what aircraft do you fly? If you're hurting for money, check into overseas flying to hold you over until you find something domestic. Good luck.

I think that's excellent advice. Maybe you can lend him your time machine and he can do just that.

Last edited:
G200,

Facebook friend request inbound :laugh:

;)

Cool!...lol.

Just easy on the dorky pilot stuff, facebook is primarily to check out chiks, we dont care where you are flying to or care about cockpit pictures.

:laugh:

Latest resources

Back