• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcon Capt said:
I gotta get out to Denver soon so we can go get some more BBQ!
Where do you go for good BBQ in Denver? (Don't you just luv the way these threads evolve? :rolleyes: )

Success

Falcon Capt said:
I think if he feels that if people will agree that a successful aviation career can be had without a degree, than he will feel as he has succeeded in aviation because he is holding a position that is considered successful...
That's what I was driving at above. One might be able to obtain a "good" aviation job, paying $75K eventually, without a degree. Nothing at all the matter with making that kind of bread.

Of course, Yip has succeeded in aviation. I am not altogether familiar with Yip's career, but to be (1) a Naval Aviator and (2) to be in the position he's in at USA Jets are nothing to sneeze at. Especially considering that so many pilots, through no fault of their own, begin - and end - their aviation careers doing the same job - and maybe at the same airport. By any standard, Yip has had a successful aviation career.

The point remains that the degree opens all doors and shuts none. And, the point remains that while the odds are long to be hired at any aviation job that they are longer without presenting the full array of credentials, including "the degree."

Denver BBQ aside

Lead Sled said:
Where do you go for good BBQ in Denver? (Don't you just luv the way these threads evolve? :rolleyes: )
Without any doubt whatsoever, it's Brothers BBQ, with a location only blocks away from APA!

Lets end this

Hugh Jordon started the horse stuff, and I said I would end it. Let this be the last post and this thing will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back