Pilots responsible for food line increases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OPECJet said:
Thank you George W and his apparent disgust of American labor.

With his leadership, this country has outsourced almost everything but the government itself.

True, but we thank Clinton and the Republican Congress for NAFTA. Jobs started being outsorced buy the thousands and it hasnt stoped yet.

The rich get richer and the rest go to work for Wal-Mart.

Cokie907 said:
I just love these liberal jackasses, they keep trying the same playbook over and over and over again. Reminds me of the definition of insanity!

We live in a global economy folks, GET USED TO IT! For those of you who were not paying attention to the Wall Street Journal and too busy doing keg stands, OUTSOURCING accelerated massively after "The Father of 9/11" passed NAFTA and GATT in the 1990's. Now, it would have happened sooner or later anyways, but don't go blaming Bush for things that didn't happen on his watch and were beyond his control in any event.

Fact: Bush inherited an economy in recession.
Fact: The stock market had imploded after a media fed frenzy had run it up illegitimately.
Fact: Al Qaeda was plotting to nail us and nothing was done to stop their plotting in the 6 years before 9/11.

Bush has done pretty dang good under the circumstances. The liberal scum have fired salvo after salvo, even using a hunting accident to try to take down the VP and therefore Bush, but nothing works. The housing market has SET RECORDS! The economy has grown at a clip not seen in decades with GDP growth of 4.1 percent. And best of all, there hasn't been a terrorist attack in the country in 4 1/2 years.

At the end of the post you point out how our economy is growing at a great clip, but you stated earlier that we live in a global economy. I'm no expert, but lately when I travel overseas I notice my dollar isn't worth what it used to be. Shoot, whenever my cousins come to visit from The Netherlands they bring empty suitcases and fill 'em up with loot bought because of the great exchange rate.

dixieflyer said:
The rich get richer and the rest go to work for Wal-Mart.
The rich continue to be wealthy......... Because they do things which made them wealthy to begin with. Those who don't have money, usually don't because we do things that don't allow us to become wealthy. I know, I'm one of them but working on changing that.

One thing you have remember about every single perosn on the face of this Earth. Where we stand right now in life is the equivalent of the total number of decisions we've made in life. I know thats a tough concept for you apologists to grasp but noodle it out for a bit. I ripped them of from somewhere, was annoyed when I first heard them but later agreed.

For the record, I believe NAFTA was passed before the 105th Congress took over with Republican control in Janurary of 1995. My God, what an event! I remember watching the first 100 days on CSPAN with Mr. Newt holding up his scorecard/checklist for items in the Contract w/ America. I also remember vividly the derogatory comments of the many liberal journalists who were too stupid to realize the microphones are live from start to finish. What dumba$$es.....LOL!

Yes, the dollar is losing value. Another casualty of the Global Economy, its hard to maintain your currency's wealth when you buy all your crap from overseas so you can brag to your friends about how freaken cheap you got it!!!!! So........EVERYBODY STOP DOING IT!!!

Now, I know that's as impossible to do as getting all regional pilots to give up growth for better contracts or getting all guys to stop bending over forwards and backwards to please women! But, it is the way I live my life. I despise big chain stores and do business with local business people whenever possible. I avoid buying products made in China almost always and only buy them when it is a difference between life and death. I have not shopped at Wal Mart or Target in over a year and I'm a shareholder! ha ha

As far as the wealthy go, I know it is easy to get sucked into the class warfare mode of thinking especially in this industry. The better approach than saying "its not fair that they have all this money and.....blah blah" is to say, "what can I do to be like that guy, what steps did he take and how can I be more like him". This is what I am doing in my life as I get ready to open my own business someday. Right now, I am taking the steps to start a business by keeping my budget low, saving money and paying down my mortgage so that when I pull the trigger, I will not be saddled with a large budget that increases my chance of failure. Just remember, nobody ever got wealthy by being jealous of other people.

Last edited:
What concerns me is that the airline industry is also on a cycle and we should be in an upswing right now. But we are not. does this meanthat we are going to completely skipt the upcycle this time around due to mismanagement?

Latest resources

Back