Pilots get the shaft on "Bachelorette"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, this is too wierd.
I just read this post from a Starbucks where I work from my computer (or wherever I can find an internet connection on campus). Right as I finished reading the thread, I heard "yeah, the pilots are a$$holes" from a group of girls sitting next to me. Perking up and of course eavesdropping, they turn out to be talking about the show, and the guys on the show. Good thing, too, cause such a sweeping generalization would have led to some coffee and bloodshed on the ground...I feel better now.

Ever consider that maybe non aviation chicks just see us as a bunch of geeks?

I will say that this show reminds me of a typical ERAU party. 25 guys fighting over one chick. It was so pathetic that I couldn't stand to watch it... brought back too many memories of really bad parties.

I hope we didn't look that pathetic.

Hello! We are a bunch of geeks!

Good job MYF. I didn't see the show, but I know I've had that exact conversation at least a couple times over the past 8 years.

S.

i think we should get a pilot to be the next Bachelor. that would make a name for us, right? i read something somewhere that said chicks dig us, guys think we're cool. when exactly did that fall apart? haha. now i'm sad.

poutingcfi

I clicked over to the end of the show, and when they were scanning all those dudes, I was lauging to myself thinking, that it looked like a bunch of guys waiting around for an airline interview (minus the briefcase). Then when I saw a few of them ARE pilots, I almost fell over laughing.

What a Dumb Show!

JetPilot500

Trista looks like the type that I would take home after a 'Stones concert in 1978 when I was a rock DJ. No too bright, but reasonably assembled, and having the ability to say "uh...I guess that's okay...." and "mmmmmffft!". Roughly a shelf life of 12 hours.

Fly has it right: she needs a backstreet boy, or a Justin Timberlake. A guy who is "pretty" enough to make her friends jealous, and money enough that she doesn't have to learn Quicken for her job as a secretary...

Two new avatars in this thread! I note that if you stare at b747dogg's avatar, you become hypnotized. Of course, it must be a look over Herb Kelleher's shoulder.

I also liked MYF pilot's avatar. In fact if you have what is shown in b747dogg's pic, you can have what is in MYFpilot's pic.

I'm sure Trista would agree.

:D :D

I clicked over to the end of the show, and when they were scanning all those dudes, I was lauging to myself thinking, that it looked like a bunch of guys waiting around for an airline interview (minus the briefcase). Then when I saw a few of them ARE pilots, I almost fell over laughing.

Yea, I saw highlights from the show on the news, and thought all the guys standing around in suits, looked like the pictures taken of guys at an ARINC conference, which you see in aviation magazines. These guys probably have a better chance with her than they would having a chance at a job at an ARINC conference!

Watch Joe Millionaire if you want to see payback. Nothing like misleading a bunch of women over money.

Also, if you’re a flight instructor, don’t tell women that, they don’t care. One of friends did a sociological experiment, he told some women he sold shoes, and some that he taught flying. You can guess which worked better.

all the guys standing around in suits, looked like the pictures taken of guys at an ARINC conference, which you see in aviation magazines. These guys probably have a better chance with her than they would having a chance at a job at an ARINC conference!

Probably true. I think I had more luck as a STUDENT pilot than as an instructor. Had that same conversation too many times.

I'm thinking of just telling them I'm a greeter at Wal-Mart to save time.

MYFpilot said:
When I'm at parties I never tell people I'm a CFI. Beacuse they just don't understand. I just tell them I fix computers and they never ask any questions about my job.
The same reason I used to tell people I flew for Delta...it took too long to explain who ASA was.

In Vero Beach, you'd've had more luck telling girls you worked on computers.

Pilot in bar: [ever so suavely] "Why, I'm a pilot."

Girl in bar: [barely looking at you] "Yeah...and?"

Latest resources

Back