Pilot training records

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

72Longhorn

I've recently contacted a former employer to try to get copies of my training records. They told me that they can't send 'em out due to some legal mumbo jumbo excuse.

Does anyone know if there is anything illegal with a company sending a pilot, THEIR OWN training records?

I was able to get my training records from two of my three former employers, but have had no luck with these people. I even sent out the request in a certified letter, and nothing yet.

72Longhorn :confused:

Find a lawyer and make him/her your friend. Take him/her out to dinner or wash their car while they call your former employer and tell them to send you a copy of the records. Like Little Duece said, it's required by law. At any rate, the records pertain to you directly so you should have wide open access to them anyway. They may make you sign some sort of legal document so that you don't sue them for anything in the records that you don't agree with.

records

No, it's IBC Airways down in Miami that's giving me the problem. Thanks to you Groover, for letting me know about EOI releasing all crew members records. If not for you I wouldn't of found out until it was too late.

72Longhorn

Another way to get them:

Download the sample PRIA request forms from FAA (or copies of ones you've probably filled out for others) and make a records request from the people that wont give them up. Make up some sort of name, use your buddy's address. Or even better, if you have a friend at a legit company/fbo/bar/bordello, have them make the request.

Perhaps if they think it is a company they will be more apt to respond within the 30 day required period.

Either that, or try to contact the POI of the company.

Good luck.

PRIA

The PRIA request dodge should work. But most PRIA forms have a section where you can request copies of your records. I always check that box. One of my employers was so stubborn that I finally had to request the information under the Freedom of Information Act and had to go before a Federal Judge to get a court order. Then they finally coughed up. But that is an extreme.

The operator's POI will not be able to do a thing for you. They will not and can not get involved. However, if the company does not send the records to a requesting 'company', you can call the POI and tell him that you were not hired by this 'company' because the former company didn't send the paperwork required by PRIA. He will jump on that, as there is force of law behind it. Besides he can get his butt in a jam if he doesn't.

PRIA only applies to records that are no more than 5 years old. If the company you worked for was within the past 5 years, you should have no problem. If it was before that, they are not required by PRIA to cough them up--I don't believe the company is even required to keep them on file after 5 years of your departure from the company.

Latest resources

Back