Pilot Shortage Video on WSJ Online

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cry me a river...

Guys, this is just like the everlasting 'nursing shortage' of the last 20 years.

The American Hospital Association puts out the 'shortage' propaganda so they can attract self-sponsoring nursing students into an already flooded market.

This has the effect of lowering wages.

It's just like the airlines crying foul over the new 117 and ATP regs.

When Delta is knocking on your door and you're fielding multiple unsolicited offers of employment (other than regionals), that's when the "shortage" has officially begun.

No sooner.

As someone posted on here somewhere "there will never be a pilot shortage, only a shortage of pilots willing to work for peanuts."

I am a former airline pilot who would return to the profession if it was more stable and provided a living wage. I admire you guys who have decided to stick it out - and I am often jealous of you - but I'm too risk averse to try it again the way the industry is currently set up.

I am a former airline pilot who would return to the profession if it was more stable and provided a living wage. I admire you guys who have decided to stick it out - and I am often jealous of you - but I'm too risk averse to try it again the way the industry is currently set up.

wise words...

Latest resources

Back