• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"With this unique hiring program, Endeavor will attract career-focused pilots."
... As opposed to what exactly.

That's mgmt speak for, "guys who don't want to be Endeavor lifers."

They want guys to get in, put in a few years and get out. With that said I think everyone is mostly "career focused" now at any regional.

This does nothing for a current pilot there and animosity will prevail....I hear what the current pilots are saying.

But I know the company is losing it because they are worried where they are going to get the next generation from.

We are hiring 50 a month and rumor is it's because of training pipeline (sims) and more may be authorized soon. Good luck to all.

Last class had two miltary....

Be positive...and know the facts...

So if Endeavor is now going to use "the same tough standards as at Delta" during their hiring process, where are they going to find pilots with 1000 TPIC hrs willing to take $25K starting salary when the majors are paying more and hiring too? And does that mean that the pilots on property don't/didn't meet those "tough Delta standards" and won't even be considered at Delta?

yeah, let's insult everybody.....

Curious, how can anyone with only the creds to work at a regional, ever be hired using Delta mainlines tough standards? Me thinks they are not truly using Delta standards...

This is not how it works. For example: I had the credentials to get an interview at DAL. I did NOT have the credentials to get interviews at ANY of the regionals.

Sometimes DAL hires have better credentials than regional pilots, and sometimes they don't. Some regional guys had a tougher time getting hired at the regionals, than some guys had getting hired at DAL.

It all depends on timing.....sometimes DAL is easier than other places, and sometimes it is more difficult.

So if Endeavor is now going to use "the same tough standards as at Delta" during their hiring process, where are they going to find pilots with 1000 TPIC hrs willing to take $25K starting salary when the majors are paying more and hiring too? And does that mean that the pilots on property don't/didn't meet those "tough Delta standards" and won't even be considered at Delta?

yeah, let's insult everybody.....

Endeavor's program attempts to capture every facet except flight time and experience, they're quite forthcoming about the fact in their documents on their website. Hence, the need for at least 2 years on the left seat at Endeavor.

As for the second question, existing pilots have access through the SSP program - which so far appears to be as sure a thing as a GM ignition switch.

Latest resources

Back