• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Halts Takeoff of NWA Plane in Florida

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm surprised they didn't find a witness who saw flames coming from the aircraft prior to it stopping on the runway... :rolleyes: TC

Lets see...

OMG A crew probably did exactly what they were supposed to do and the media butchered it and some how airplanes are unsafe!!

One of the NWA pilots who brought the airplane home said the engine crumped "near V1"...with parts scattered on the runway. The RTO blew the fuse plugs on one side. Crew and pax all handled the event well.

Unfortunately, the FDX MD-10 right behind them flipped-over and burned. Our guy says, "Thank God we're studs, and they're not!"

I keed!

Occam's Razor said:
One of the NWA pilots who brought the airplane home said the engine crumped "near V1"...with parts scattered on the runway. The RTO blew the fuse plugs on one side. Crew and pax all handled the event well.

Unfortunately, the FDX MD-10 right behind them flipped-over and burned. Our guy says, "Thank God we're studs, and they're not!"

I keed!

:laugh: You keed and I laffed!

here is the deal, someone, in a car driving in their car near the airport saw the smoke, they knew someone who knew a pilot. The called them, they confirmed that smoke was bad coming from an engine(that person once knew an airbus rep from the factory). So anyways, that pilot, once shared a crash pad with a NWA pilot, so they called him, that pilot contacted the company and they sent a message that they should abort the takeoff. so, thats how it happened.......in case you are not figuring it out, i am kidding........

xjhawk said:
here is the deal, someone, in a car driving in their car near the airport saw the smoke, they knew someone who knew a pilot. The called them, they confirmed that smoke was bad coming from an engine(that person once knew an airbus rep from the factory). So anyways, that pilot, once shared a crash pad with a NWA pilot, so they called him, that pilot contacted the company and they sent a message that they should abort the takeoff. so, thats how it happened.......in case you are not figuring it out, i am kidding........

so thats how you abort a takeoff in an airbus......I always wondered how they did that.

Latest resources

Back