Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

paid4training

Missing my family
I would like some opinions on QOL, Upward movement, junior base and general attitude and morale of pilot group.

Thanks

I would like some opinions on QOL, Upward movement, junior base and general attitude and morale of pilot group.

Thanks

So awesome to have yet ANOTHER thread on the same stuff that is hashed over and over and over on this forum because someone is too lazy to perform minimal research on these forums (using the search feature) to get basic info they ask.

Here's how it's supposed to work:

1.) Basic research using the Internet and various company websites.

2.) Search the multiple of aviation forums that are on line, including looking up contracts, pay rates, growth forecasts etc.

3.) Make notes. Write yourself summaries, pro/con lists and questions not answered in your research. (This will also assist you in preparing for any and all interviews you might get.)

4.) Come on line onto an aviation forum (such as this one) and ask SPECIFIC questions on subjects you either didn't understand or couldn't find the answer to (in spite of your extensive research).

Then and only then will you get anything close to helpful responses.

(Don't they teach this stuff in school?!?!)

Soooo let me get this straight, do a search that would sum up those companies 4 years ago with comments like "we might be getting the 170" etc.? I'm not not looking at banter history on the above, I'm trying to get info that would pertain to today. Thanks for the history lesson tho....

Soooo let me get this straight, do a search that would sum up those companies 4 years ago with comments like "we might be getting the 170" etc.? I'm not not looking at banter history on the above, I'm trying to get info that would pertain to today. Thanks for the history lesson tho....

It wasn't a history lesson.

You were being "schooled". You didn't get it.

Read it again.

Ignore CRJPuppy..he is a brownie hound

Pick where you want to live and go to the airline that gets you close..... Done!

Air Wisconsin and piedmont, niche players attached completely to a merging airline. Good luck with that.

Although you will be restricted geographically, you will probably do more hand-flying in the Dash 8. I know a few guys at PDT and they enjoy the Dash. Not sure about the upgrade time at PDT - that would be a big consideration. The other carriers will offer more sophisticated hardware and they all pretty much offer the same in terms of flying experiences. Everything is going glass, so maybe you should enjoy the older Dash while you have the chance and actually hone your flying skills.

Skywest. Lots of orders and stability until if/when you move on.

Latest resources

Back