Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bertengineer

AM Aviation
Piedmont interviews being conducted on the 30th. Any information on the process, besides what is on aviationinterviews. That info is a bit old!

When I interviewed a year and a half ago it was pretty straight forward, and from what I hear it's still the same, just a different written test. Show up and take the written first, if you pass that you get a company overview and then a 2-1 interview with a HR rep. and Buccannon wich lasts 5-10 mins. From what I've heard just pass the test and you'll have a class date in the near future. Good luck.

I don't think Buchanan is as involved in the interviewing as he used to be. Shouldn't make much difference.

Be prepared for a possible sim ride in the future. I'm not sure if it's there yet, but it may be coming. Keywork being MAY! so don't get your panties in a wad yet.

Good luck with the interview. Lord knows scheduling needs some fresh numbers to torture....

Interview is at hub in CLT, The person that I know that is interviewing told me that there may be a sim ride involved and they cannot get any info on what approaches to what airpoirt, etc...

Last edited:
That's the rumor is that they'll put applicants in the CLT sim. Given the 20% washout rate for new hires, it's not a bad idea. People are getting into sim training and lacking basic instrument skills. I'm sure you've heard the same stories from the training types that I have.

If they put you in the sim, I would imagine that the most they'll be looking for is to make sure you know the basics. Tracking a VOR, fly an ILS, enter a hold. If you're in the CLT Dash sim, it is pitch sensitive and lags behind your control input a little bit. That being said, you ought to get the hang of it rapidly. Either way, don't sweat it. They're doing this to make sure you don't wash out of training and screw your career. It's one of the very few things our management is doing lately that I think is a good thing.

I've also heard from a credible source that they will be using the DHC-8 sim in CLT for the interview. An instructor will be in the other seat and will help with setting power and such. I'm sure it will be an enjoyable experience....

Just had a flashback of myself flying the Dash sim in seattle with F.G...."come on you f****** nancies, what are you doing???? Stop trying to hold each others hands you f****** girls!!!!!....im gonna call you s*** head, and you d*** head"...........ah yes, it went pretty much word for word like that. I dont know if PDT still uses him on a temp. basis or not, intersting character though.

Just had a flashback of myself flying the Dash sim in seattle with F.G...."come on you f****** nancies, what are you doing???? Stop trying to hold each others hands you f****** girls!!!!!....im gonna call you s*** head, and you d*** head"...........ah yes, it went pretty much word for word like that. I dont know if PDT still uses him on a temp. basis or not, intersting character though.

I don't think they are. Imagine him at the negotiating table during contract time though.....

I wish we could clone him!

Ahhh.....4 letter Frank!

Latest resources

Back