PIC Piston / SIC Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

razorbacks

There was a very similar post recently but my situation is a little different. Wondering if you all could offer a bit of advice. I'm currently flying Part 121 SIC (Jet) and trying to get back to corporate flying. I have been hired to fly Part 135 PIC multi-piston / occasional multi-turbine. What would look better on my resume (for a coporate jet job). The 135 PIC piston or 121 SIC jet. I didn't really mention the king air flying because it only accounts for a few hundred hours a year. Thanks for any help you can offer for my situation!!!!

You already have all the TJ SIC you will ever need. Go for the PIC time. You have gone through a part 121 training program you have proven you are trainable. Now you have to prove you can run successful trips as a PIC.

Pilotyip...thanks so much for the response. That is exactly what I was hoping to hear from someone. I've been in limbo as to what I should do and that sure does help. Do you really think 800 hours SIC jet is enough? I am willing to stay with the airline for a few more months if 1000 hours will make any difference. Anyone else out there with an opinion???

pilotyip said:
You already have all the TJ SIC you will ever need. Go for the PIC time. You have gone through a part 121 training program you have proven you are trainable. Now you have to prove you can run successful trips as a PIC.

I really don't know how to say it any better. PIC time is king when it comes to opening up doors.

For instance, if you have gobs of SIC turbine, it might allow you to search for just corp. jet SIC positions. As an example, let's say there are 50 of those jobs out there. Now, if you had that valuable PIC time, it will allow you to include in your job search all the single pilot turboprop stuff as well. So now add 300 more available jobs to that already mentioned 50.

See where I'm going with this?

PIC is king. Plus just about anything beats RJ SIC from a QOL standpoint, at least in my opinion. Go for the multi PIC.

Latest resources

Back