• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Phenom 300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Judging by the sound of crickets I would suggest you try the Fractionals board. Might find a Flops pilot to answer.

Great airplane. Plenty of power, range, speed, payload, etc. No TRs, but great brakes and auto spoilers on the ground. Good cabin. Lots of baggage space.

I've got a couple of hundred hours in it. Really miss flying it. Much better than its POS little brother Phenom 100.

The 100 is around 4 million less than the 300. You can't compare the two. That is like comparing a mustang to LJ45. Two different mission profiles. The 300 is a good airplane, however there are many airframes at that price point to compare.

The 100 that I fly is underpowered and the 300 is a rocket. The 300 on a 1000 nm trip burns about 120 gallons less than a Citation Excel. I concur with chriskcmo on the other attributes.

The CJ4 and the 300 look to be very similar.

Here is what I've seen:

Range (1 hour reserve) 2,000 NM
BEW: 11,500 ish (depending on interior)
Range with full boat (1 hour reserve 7 pax and 250 lbs baggage) 1700 NM

TO MTOW, SL & STD: 3,658 ft & 7.6% OEI climb
TO MTOW, 5,000 ft and 35C: 7509 ft & 2.1% OEI climb

Cruise at FL450, 0.74/900 PPH total

My likes: OEI performance, smooth control inputs, Embraer has fixed nearly all the new aircraft issues

Dislikes: Can't build a hold in the FMS, brakes are not smooth, lav is problematic (drain valve leaks frequently and the only answer I've gotten is you have to completely redo the service), pilot seat arm rests are a joke

Tips: Get the interior with the nesting arm rests in the pax seats. The interiors that don't have these are difficult to move through

Over all, a great airplane. Comfortable cabin, quiet interior, good performance, simple to fly and cost effective. A little slowish at cruise, but the thrill you get on takeoff makes you forget about the cruise speed.

The best part is, if you have a passenger that is a jackass, you can give him a cup of coffee, set it in his cup holder and on take off throw the entire thing all over him with minimal effort. Not that I'd ever do that ;)

The only hard part about flying the airplane is trying to meet speed restrictions on DP's like TEB. It has so much power at low altitudes that it shoots up to altitude and Vmo. It is routine to see 4,000 fpm at 400 feet. And, because flaps 1 speed is 180 KIAS, you have to pitch to 15 deg. to prevent exceeding.

Latest resources

Back