Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZ Typed

Hobby's Flyin
www.pentastaraviation.com advertises a 604 pilot opening - considering relocating closer to family and looking for some info. on this gig. Some limited research points towards the airplane being owned by Delphi, which I thought was bankrupt. Anyone have any info. on Pentastar and if they have any pilot openings?

I know somebody that applied for the 60 position. This person is current in type with a current 8410. All they got was an auto reply that said "we have received your resume, due to the high volume of resumes we have received we can not reply to each individual person".....not a peep since, so don't get your hopes up.

Delphi isn't going anywhere, even if they are still in BK. I suppose lots of trips to OKK would be on the schedule.

Yes, I received the same auto-reply. Disappointing that yet another company has no HR department, when in fact it's the most important department of an organization. *sigh* ... aviation ...

Yes, I received the same auto-reply. Disappointing that yet another company has no HR department, when in fact it's the most important department of an organization. *sigh* ... aviation ...

Don't tell me the daily 110F heat of SDL is starting to get to you... Didn't your operation just switch over to a 601 from a 604 or am I confusing people?

Best of luck to you!

I would beg to differ that the most important part of a company is the HR department when it comes to an aviation company. I would say the DO, CP and other pilot managers are. These people with HR degrees know nothing about aviation at all. I have experienced it first hand twice this year. I had one pinhead HR guy back in February tell he did not have a clue about flying. So why the hell am I even talking to you?

HR may be important in non-aviation companies or non-aviation positions at an avaition company. ut not when it comes to hiring pilots. I had one CP tell me did not even use HR to interview pilots, because he did not trust them to make the right decision.

Now for Pentastar. They are holding off hiring or interviewing anyone until they get the contracts renewed with the owners of the planes that they are hiring into. If you go to their website, the jobs are not even listed anymore.

I would beg to differ that the most important part of a company is the HR department when it comes to an aviation company. I would say the DO, CP and other pilot managers are. These people with HR degrees know nothing about aviation at all. I have experienced it first hand twice this year. I had one pinhead HR guy back in February tell he did not have a clue about flying. So why the hell am I even talking to you?

HR may be important in non-aviation companies or non-aviation positions at an avaition company. ut not when it comes to hiring pilots. I had one CP tell me did not even use HR to interview pilots, because he did not trust them to make the right decision.

Now for Pentastar. They are holding off hiring or interviewing anyone until they get the contracts renewed with the owners of the planes that they are hiring into. If you go to their website, the jobs are not even listed anymore.

Great point. With a competent HR department, you don't have the problems you listed above...yes, even in aviation (though very rare). You're right, CP and DO are ultra important in aviation hiring.

Thanks for the info on the listed jobs. I visited the facilities (self tour drive by) last week, VERY nice! How confident are you in the 604 staying in the fleet?

Thanks for the info on the listed jobs. I visited the facilities (self tour drive by) last week, VERY nice! How confident are you in the 604 staying in the fleet?

I only know what I posted because I have a buddy that works there. And I have submitted a resume for the openings. Although I would like the G position if I was to choose. It would provide me an opportunity to see the world, and have that almighty G type.

Sorry for long winded to answer your question. I really do not know what the status of any of the planes. I think my buddy said he thought all the contracts would get worked out. Just have to wait it out. But that is his guess....

Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back