Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DASHDRIVER

Uber User
I believe it was released on this board or others like it, that Air Wisconsin managment had aproached the pilot group about a possible B scale to win the NW/Express contract. Our MEC stayed strong and said we would never take concesions for growth and would not sink to the level of other pilot groups in the industry. I thought that that would be the end of it. In recent road shows however the company has begun what has seemed to be a grass roots campaign to generate support for this idea of growth through a B scale. I firmly believe that these actions will not change the position of the AWAC pilot group. However, I am curious if other groups have had there managments come to them recently with offers such as these to win new flying (NW or CO)? What are your feelings towards proposals like these?

DASHDRIVER said:
What are your feelings towards proposals like these?

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. - Edward Abbey

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. - George Santayana

Greed is a fat demon with a small mouth and whatever you feed it is never enough. - Janwillem van de Wetering

Sorry, taking the lazy way out tonight. Besides, all the good stuff's already been said.

Dude.. B Scale... at a... regional? Ok, it's Air Wis, but still...

What are they going to do? Lower the pension benefits?

I think my head's going to explode.

DASHDRIVER said:
However, I am curious if other groups have had there managments come to them recently with offers such as these to win new flying (NW or CO)? What are your feelings towards proposals like these?

CMR did when they rolled out a E170 on the CMR ramp and let the pilots crawl around in it for a day. A few days later they voted in a concessionary contract for the promise of new jets.

Don't fall for it.

I think you are gonna find, when this sheit is over... I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' "regional" Pilot. The thing is Butch, right now, you've got ability. But painful as it may be, ability don't last. And your days are just about over. Now that's a hard motherfunkin' fact of life. But it's a fact of life your ass is gonna hafta get realistic about. See this business is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfunkers. Motherfunkers who thought their ass would age like fine wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't. Besides Butch, how many flights you think you got left in you anyway? Two? "Regional" Pilots don't have an "old timer's day." You came close, but you never made it to a major, and if you were gonna make it, you woulda made it before now.

The night of the contract signing, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride funkin with you. Funk pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.

In the seventy, your ass flys for a fifty price. Say it

This tactic is being/has been employed with tremendous success by all the so-called "regional" airline managements.

Carrot: growth
Stick: XXX's costs are lower. We have to be competetive.

Sounds like AWAC MEC has figured it out. Good. We all need to back them.

Last edited:
MYFpilot said:
I think you are gonna find, when this sheit is over... I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' "regional" Pilot. The thing is Butch, right now, you've got ability. But painful as it may be, ability don't last. And your days are just about over. Now that's a hard motherfunkin' fact of life. But it's a fact of life your ass is gonna hafta get realistic about. See this business is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfunkers. Motherfunkers who thought their ass would age like fine wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't. Besides Butch, how many flights you think you got left in you anyway? Two? "Regional" Pilots don't have an "old timer's day." You came close, but you never made it to a major, and if you were gonna make it, you woulda made it before now.

The night of the contract signing, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride funkin with you. Funk pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.

In the seventy, your ass flys for a fifty price. Say it

WHAT DOES MARCELLUS WALLACE LOOK LIKE????

Latest resources

Back