Pay cuts coming ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Paycut?

Doing some rough math on the proposed American pay cut, it is on average $50,000 per pilot. Is DALPA going to look at this as inevitable and lower the bar or fight it based on Delta's "strong position"?

Re: Paycut?

Ski said:
Doing some rough math on the proposed American pay cut, it is on average $50,000 per pilot. Is DALPA going to look at this as inevitable and lower the bar or fight it based on Delta's "strong position"?

That doen't nessisarily(sp)(it's late) equate to a cash loss. There are other ways to help.

However to all the "concession" hawks. AMR lost around 3.5 billion $ last year. When they come to the pilots for concessions, rember that "$55,000 per pilot" equates to around $660 million a year. Pilot concessions never "save the company".

This is not a statment for or against concessions, it's just something for us all to think about.

Good night ( or morning) to all,''

NYR

Heavy Set, I work for ASA, not Comair, but I agree that DAL's future is our future. I just think you DALPA guys like to have it both ways: When the economy is doing well ASA and Comair profits fund your generous pension (per Leo), when it is in the dumps you want us to take a pay cut just like you would.

Are we a seperate cpmpany, or the same company? If we are seperate, then why sould we take a pay cut when we are profitable? If we are the same company, then we need to integrate into one list and all enjoy the same risks and benefits. Which is it?

Sleepy,

I think that you guys and the rest of the regional pilots work for too little already, so why should you guys have to take a paycut. This is the sad situation of our industry. Even though I got F'd by Delta as well, I think that you guys deserve alot of credit, but just remember...... all those mainline planes that are being replaced by that snazzy new 70 seater are jobs that belong to you guys..... with the mainline pay........ I did my tour with the regionals, ahem.... sorry the commuters.... there is nothing regional about you guys... and yet I knew that it was a stepping stone and moved on. At my commuter.... there were lifers there that thought they deserved 777 captain pay at the time of the list "merger". I am too much of a realist to think that would ever come true, so I bailed as soon as I could. I am all for the one list thing, but I think that management likes to see all of us argue like this....... have you guys seen the latest and greatest about COEX? Nothing against them, but there are talks about Jetlink getting 737's, and if that happens, you can kiss ANY mainline jobs goodbye. This is their way of getting rid of what we all started to finish. Getting rid of the 200K+ a year job and making it into 80K a year job. It'll be a sad day indeed.

OK, back to the arguing, Im ready to get fried by you guys.... oh yeah.... read my signature and lets at least try.

If you are going to staple, then shouldn't you give the guys that got stapled some furlough protection? or would they just get flushed when the next round of furloughs hits?

If a pilot group was stapled, should there be a stipulation that mainline can and should only hire out of that pool, else, what's the benefit to the scooter mover?

It's just a thought, and also would be more efficient.

Networ-King said:
Heavy Set, I work for ASA, not Comair, but I agree that DAL's future is our future. I just think you DALPA guys like to have it both ways: When the economy is doing well ASA and Comair profits fund your generous pension (per Leo), when it is in the dumps you want us to take a pay cut just like you would.

Are we a seperate cpmpany, or the same company? If we are seperate, then why sould we take a pay cut when we are profitable? If we are the same company, then we need to integrate into one list and all enjoy the same risks and benefits. Which is it?

Sleepy,

I think that you guys and the rest of the regional pilots work for too little already, so why should you guys have to take a paycut. This is the sad situation of our industry. Even though I got F'd by Delta as well, I think that you guys deserve alot of credit, but just remember...... all those mainline planes that are being replaced by that snazzy new 70 seater are jobs that belong to you guys..... with the mainline pay........ I did my tour with the regionals, ahem.... sorry the commuters.... there is nothing regional about you guys... and yet I knew that it was a stepping stone and moved on. At my commuter.... there were lifers there that thought they deserved 777 captain pay at the time of the list "merger". I am too much of a realist to think that would ever come true, so I bailed as soon as I could. I am all for the one list thing, but I think that management likes to see all of us argue like this....... have you guys seen the latest and greatest about COEX? Nothing against them, but there are talks about Jetlink getting 737's, and if that happens, you can kiss ANY mainline jobs goodbye. This is their way of getting rid of what we all started to finish. Getting rid of the 200K+ a year job and making it into 80K a year job. It'll be a sad day indeed.

OK, back to the arguing, Im ready to get fried by you guys.... oh yeah.... read my signature and lets at least try.

Wow, I agree that we are currently under-paid (we are not even the industry standard anymore). I am not going to say that you guys are over-paid though. I think that DAL should honor their contract with you, it's a two way street. If you do give concessions it should only be in exchange for the return of every furloughed pilot to the job.

I agree that the ultimate goal of management is the elimination of high-paying mainline jobs (especially the benefits of a great retirement).

Godd luck!

stapled

If you are going to staple, then shouldn't you give the guys that got stapled some furlough protection? or would they just get flushed when the next round of furloughs hits?

If a pilot group was stapled, should there be a stipulation that mainline can and should only hire out of that pool, else, what's the benefit to the scooter mover?

It's just a thought, and also would be more efficient.

comment
If you are going to get stapled, as in the American/TWA case, you are the furlough protection for the people senior to you. The TWA pilots are getting furloughed all the way back to 1988 hires while American pilots with one year of seniority are still flying. It's called "career expectations". The TWA pilots don't have any now.

Hey mods.....why are people allowed to dig up posts from 11 years ago? Necro posting deserves a ban.

Latest resources

Back