Path to NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CE750Driver said:
Get your app in now. I was hired in 98. 12 in my class. I had 2550 hours. Less than 500 hours later I was a released captain in the ten. Too soon? Maybe, but I have done a good job and not bent any metal so far.

I believe how you come off in the interview was, and still is, the most important factor. Dont let these premodonna's tell you you have to fly the SR71 to get a job here.[/QU

Get a clue. It's hardly 1998 right now. Something happened in 2001 that has changed a few things. No one is saying you need 3 lunar landings to get an interview. There's just a pile on the unemployement line that have lots of time. Letters of recommendation are the only way he's going to have chance, for a while. Glad you haven't bent any metal. Nice work, you make us all proud.

Many From Cape Air 9k are here

I personnaly came direct from Cape Air to NetJets, I had 2600hrs when I was interviewed, with some turboprop time around 50. 4 of us came here in the same month, there is probably a dozen ex cape air guys here that I personnaly know, not to mention the ones that i don't know. I still do part time work with cape on my time off. it is a great company to work for, and you will get loads of good IFR expierence flying around the cape that u would not get otherwise. Cape Air is a lot better then most people realize. Good Luck

I came from CA as well, albiet in 2000, however it was good time and paid better then the regionals. I hear they got a raise and its better over there. Of course with Steve Philips as CP I would work for him any day of the week. Good guy and good group of pilots. I know a bunch of them still over there and they all still like it. Good ifr time and good flight experience. Gets mundane flying in the Cape all the time, but you can still transfer to Florida and VI. You don't need turban 121 time to get in here.

Yeah guys, listen to flyfish. Might as well not put your app in. Too many experieced guys out there. No chance for you.

Sounds like a defeatist attitude to me.
Does the shoe fit flyfish?

To All,

750 Driver hit the nail on the head. You have to apply to get the call. It may sound corny, but you have to market yourself too get a call from any company. Aviation, or not.

CE750Driver said:
Yeah guys, listen to flyfish. Might as well not put your app in. Too many experieced guys out there. No chance for you.

Sounds like a defeatist attitude to me.
Does the shoe fit flyfish?
Whatever my friend, just trying to give some helpful advice. Not saying not to apply, just saying a few LOR's are what works best. I happen to talk with DM very regularly and a friend who does the interviews and both say LOR's are very important. Worked for me in 96', still works now. And, it's worked very recently for friends of mine. Best of luck, good place to hang your hat. Very soon it will be great.

I agree LORs work best, just giving my advice on my experiences doing ioe's pre and post 9/11. Many guys with close to the minimum experience get the call and the job. Good luck.

Netjets / L.O.R.s, the more, the better...

I've been trying to get 3 friends on here with Netjets. The first guy had 7800 hours, a little jet time, and had 4 L.O.R.s from NJA pilots that had flown with him.
We submitted his letter with L.O.R.s three weeks ago, he had an application packet within 6 days. The next two people (both high jet time) pilots with roughly
the same TT, had only one letter each. They've been waiting for over one month without a response. If you're going to get an NJA pilot to submit your resume internally, I'd recommend at LEAST 3 L.O.R.s from NJA employees. It really seems to shoot you right into the "short stack" of applications.

Good luck to all who apply!

Latest resources

Back