passport renewal....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

My passport expires in Sept. I went to my county site for renewal and it only has information on renewing by sending your current passport in. I would assume as crew members that need their passport we cannot do this and there is some other way to renew while keeping your current one.

Any help? I'm a PA resident.

Thanks

Go to passport agency in Philly. Google passport in same day. I think its about 170 bucks. Make sure you have all the paperwork they ask for with you. Plus you must make an appointment. You will need a letter from your comapany or chief stating you need it the same say.

I would make an appointment here:

Philadelphia Passport Office
U.S. Customs House
200 Chestnut Street Room 103
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-2970
Public Inquiries: 215-597-7480*

And get the same day service. A letter from your airline stating that you need it ASAP would help. Get extra pages. Last time I needed one I went to the NY office. Took all day, but got it.

The letter from your company is mandatory for same day service as far as I know, your schedule showing international travel & crew ID also may be required. I think making an appointment is also necessary these day, it is at the NYC location anyway.

Same day service at the passport agency, no need for crew ID but you have to have a letter from your company stating that you are required to have a passport while on duty. No need to bring your actual schedule or anything. Might also want to bring your social security card. I didn't have a problem renewing mine last month but someone else there couldn't be "found" and had to produce a social security card to get the passport. Earlier in the day you make your appointment the faster it gets done. I scheduled earliest possible and was out by 10:30am in the NY office.

I would hate to spend a day off doing this. I think many send in the old one and wait and just cannot fly internationally during that time. I would suggest calling the CP office and ask them what you should do.

Most companies have a procedure, check your FOM or equivalent. I didn't go out of my way to get mine, just notified company and when it comes it comes.

Get a second passport. It's good to have two for a number of reasons, as having one at home could get you out of a jam...

Latest resources

Back