Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fussle

Oh John...
I always appreciate it when people post their checkride experiences so I will do the same. First off, I did my training in Traverse City with Tom. He is a great guy and a great instructor, highly recommended. http://traverseair.com/. The checkride was pretty straight forward. The oral was maybe 20-30 min, which consisted of mostly Vmc stuff, engine failure on takeoff, considerations for single-engine approach, weight and balance, and a little bit on systems. We went out to the plane did a normal takeoff, then engine failure during the climb. After that it was steep turns, slow flight, and stalls. Then I did the Vmc demo. From there we shut down the left engine and then restarted it. Finally, I put the foggles on and briefed the Localizer approach with a failed engine (simulated). After I reached MDA, the foggles came off and we circled to land on a small grass strip.

I always appreciate it when people post their checkride experiences so I will do the same. First off, I did my training in Traverse City with Tom. He is a great guy and a great instructor, highly recommended. http://traverseair.com/. The checkride was pretty straight forward. The oral was maybe 20-30 min, which consisted of mostly Vmc stuff, engine failure on takeoff, considerations for single-engine approach, weight and balance, and a little bit on systems. We went out to the plane did a normal takeoff, then engine failure during the climb. After that it was steep turns, slow flight, and stalls. Then I did the Vmc demo. From there we shut down the left engine and then restarted it. Finally, I put the foggles on and briefed the Localizer approach with a failed engine (simulated). After I reached MDA, the foggles came off and we circled to land on a small grass strip.

Congratulations!!! Multi flying is a Blast! Was thinking of using http://traverseair.com for my Single Engine Seaplane Rating

So all total how much did it run you? I am very interested in the program because that is a great price!

The total was $1695, which includes everything, except lodging,food, and of course traveling to traverse city. Other than that, everything is provided for you. He sends you all the information you need to know ahead of time. I stayed at the Super 8 for two nights, which was about $115.

I live in Chicago is there any way I can airline it up there?

Latest resources

Back