Parks College Grads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:D LMAO
Went to Parks in '67. Transferred to SIU Carbondale. Did not major in aviation though. You guys are pups. None of you can even imagine "Pappy Horn" who taught engineering drawing. Mercury Hall was quite new then. Only one female student on the campus at that time. By those were the good old days.

I was there in the early 70s. Lived in the old dorm one year and off-campus another. I'm flying RJs for SkyWest now and my ex roommate is with AirTran. Another buddy from Parks is a 737 captain with AmericaWest.

We had a few hot gals when I was there. Too bad I was more into flying then - the ever responsible CFI up at dawn and off to the airport every Saturday morning (left a lot behind on Friday nights!) How many people on this forum ever landed their airplane at Parks (and I don't mean CPS)?

-- Dave A.
Pacer N7135D

Re: Another one

ALCOHOLIC said:
You are not a real Parks grad unless you went to school in Cahokia....

I still have one of the broken gates from the parking lot.....No, I dont, but I wish I had. Grad 2000

Hey, it's nice to see a thread about something other than some regional disgracing the profession or some other union/contract bitch fest.

I'm a former Parks student and instructor. I do STL overnights frequently and manage to catch up with my buddies who still live there. Many are at TSA, the hometown favorite. Andora is skillfully keeping the ship afloat as Chief FI. I had lunch with her just a couple weeks ago, and yes, she's flying again (big yay!). Parks is doing well and their enrollment is increasing. I weep over the switch of aircraft, though. They got rid of all the M20Js and C310 a few years ago in lieu of Seminoles to do both the complex and multi time. Terrible. The Tampicos are still there, and they rule.

I'm a Mesa ERJ dood now. Not very many Parks guys here... most have moved on to a major just in time, unfortunately, to get furloughed in the post 9-11 downswing.

So were any of you at the save-the-old-campus ralleys in the quad in the Spring of '95? I was. Boy, we were dumb. I still have a Parks College Defense Coalition flyer in a scrapbook somewhere. And a big "I Love Cahokia" sticker on my guitar case.

Slayer!

:p

Having transferred to Parks from a large university I thought it was great that they were moving the campus. I was in one of the last groups to actually graduate from the Cahokia campus, May '96. Never went to a rally because I didn't think it should be saved.

:D
Forgot to mention that back in '67 hamburgers at the commissary at Parks were a quarter and I think gasoline was about the same price. Talking about the old dorms. A new student came in from out of state. I guess admin figured his parents would not come so they had put him in one of the "old" dorms. When he showed up for orientation, his parents had come with him and they pulled him out of the college when they saw the dorm.:D

For the guy who went there in the early 70's do you remember a Gary Mattingly? He might have been there about that time.

RichO said:
Went to Parks back in the Cahokia days from 90-92......did the meteorology/flying thing........boy, those were the days......don't you guys miss the dorms?? I remember keeping the dominos pizza guy pretty busy with that special they had for us.......oh, and there was one hot girl pilot there, but I don't remember her name, I believed she ended up flying for Hooters corp or something, I think she worked there through college........nice!!!

I beleive her name was Tracy? She was hot! I graduated in 1993 and live in Chi town now...Did anyone in here ever have Paul N. as a RA in Holloran Hall, building D? That guy was a freak!!

I graduated in May of 97. I was in the last class to graduate from the Cahokia Campus, I also did the Meteorology and flying thing. Great school, great friends, great campus.

Take care
CatIIIc

Tracy, that might be it, I remembered she was dating one of the flight instructors...........but, she was nice!!!!

For the guy who went there in the early 70's do you remember a Gary Mattingly? He might have been there about that time.

That name is ringing a faint bell. I'll ask my friend if he remembers.

Latest resources

Back